Return from Big Bear | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Big Bear

Any updates? Still on for Sat morn? Might consider a milder trail for your friend if you watch the FJ getting tippy at 8 min into that video. It's very serious angle at that point. We can always start from the other end and see what he's comfortable with.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...But you got to give the kid in the ranger some props...He was picking better lines than the guy in the FJ...:thumbsup:

...But you got to give the kid in the ranger some props...He was picking better lines than the guy in the FJ...:thumbsup:

Haha, i liked when the guy hung out the window of the FJ and said his ranger buddy would have some trouble getting through...and then the ranger just sailed through without having to back up and realign himself like the FJ did.

I honestly have no idea, what time we'll be doing the trails. It's a b-day camping party. I'm just bringing the truck so we can do the trails when people want to go. I'm heading up there tomorrow night, about 8pm. I've got your #s Ritsui, so I'll call as soon as I know. :thumbsup:

You can call the office number and leave a VM any time. I'll check it in the AM on Saturday. I'm sure you'll have a blast even if nobody wants to wheel. It's beautiful up here this time of year and about 20° cooler than down below :thumbsup:.

Well it looks like I have to bail on this since of all a sudden i am having transmission issues (big surprise eh?) so i need to stay home and diagnosed/research that issue.

now i am off to bury myself in the Transmission forums

...Sorry to hear about your tranny...:(...Maybe it's time to swap in another model...You do need to have this ready for pismo in 3 weeks...

...I wish I could make this run but for sure, I am a no-go...

I honestly have no idea, what time we'll be doing the trails.
Still haven't heard anything and our neighbors came up for the weekend and would like to see deep creek, so I'll be with them in the AM. I'll check messages before noon.

Well it looks like I have to bail on this since of all a sudden i am having transmission issues (big surprise eh?) so i need to stay home and diagnosed/research that issue.

now i am off to bury myself in the Transmission forums

find a 4x4 tail shaft, rebuild your "spare" manual trans with the 4x4 shaft. problem solved :thumbsup:

find a 4x4 tail shaft, rebuild your "spare" manual trans with the 4x4 shaft. problem solved :thumbsup:

Yes that is a tempting thought that has crossed my mind.

But i think that i have narrowed it down to the OD/TCC solenoids are causing the problem.

Now i got to find a way to test them to make sure tho.

...It's they day after...:bounce:...any carnage pics???...:D

I never heard from Colin, so I assume they had more fun the night before.

Only carnage for me was stubbing my little toe getting here :
creek1.jpg

creek2.jpg

creek3.jpg

...It's going to be 100 down here today and that looks refreshing...I heard Big Bear set a heat record yesterday at 78*...

..Is that Khori out on the trails with you??...:thumbsup:...and the dogs must of had a blast...:D

...I'm hoping no word from froader means lot's of strapping..:bounce:

nice pics and vid's guys,wish i still lived on the west coast to join ya's,maybe if i ever stumble across some extra money ill take a ride across the us and join ya's

Sorry Ritsui... :(

I tried 4 different cell phones, and every time I got to your VM, they all dropped the call.

As for getting to the trails, we didn't leave out campsite until about 1pm. Some people wanted to got for a hike after breakfast and also wanted to wheel so we waited until everyone was actually ready to go.

We made our way to Crab Flats and down Ball Buster to Deep Creek. We made it to Deep Creek by about 4:30 or so. Winter too his Jeep and my buddy Chad had the FJ. With the right lines, they both made it look easy. There was no way Winter would have made it back up without any lockers and the 4Lo barely working in the first place. The only carnage was my front pass. side door and the rear fender-well (some more). I was attempting to go down the waterfall of Ball Buster, but without letting air out I was only sliding to the side and it was too late to not get any damage. Window still works though. :) We had a good time, Chad was very impressed with his FJ and is looking forward to some more trails. We may plan a Cleghorn trip one weekend in the next couple of months.

we have a small group going to cleghorn next sunday. Brandon and i went up there yesterday and its was pretty fun. thank god there's bypasses, some of that stuff up there looks pretty gnarly.

...Ouch...:D

...I like that pic of winter with the right rear tire perched on a rock..:thumbsup:

...I was wondering if that tire was on the ground and the left rear was in the air...:D

...It looked like a bunch of fun...:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back