• Register Today It's free!

manual hub conversion kit?

1993fordexploere

Reaction score
City, State
northern california (Eureka)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer xlt 4x4
hey does anyone know if the manual hub conversion kit comes with a spindle socket or not? its the warn kit. i ordered it and am wondering if im gonna have to buy one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...It does not come with a socket..

...Borrow one from Autozone if you need to for the auto hubs...At the same time you can purchase the socket for the manuals from autozone for about 14 bucks...;)

hey does anyone know if the manual hub conversion kit comes with a spindle socket or not? its the warn kit. i ordered it and am wondering if im gonna have to buy one.

When I bought the kit it did NOT come with the big socket.. Most autoparts chains carried it though.. its easy to find.

~Mark

for the first guy that answered, we dont have a auto zone. and would a kragen have one you could borrow? i think i might by one for the hell of it.
thanks guys. oh and aloso why sellt he kit and not the socket with it?? it would be worth the extra 15 bucks.

...Where in northern Cal. are you???

...I know Autozone has them in stock in their tools section, even though they say they don't have them...The socket say's it's for a 93-94 Explorer on it...When I looked at my local Pepboy's, Kragen, and Napa, they said it was special order only..But they may have a loaner...:dunno:

My local Checkers/Kragen/Shucks has them for sale cheap (manual hub socket).. I've borrowed tools from them before, just not that tool. You actually buy them and then return the tool.. its not just "any" tool, they have certain tools they rent..

~Mark

Its the same tool for any 1/2 ton ford, chevy, or jeep as well.

If you can, get the one with a ring that goes around the 4 stubs, and not the one that has them sticking out.

...It does not come with a socket..

...Borrow one from Autozone if you need to for the auto hubs...At the same time you can purchase the socket for the manuals from autozone for about 14 bucks...;)

You ought to just buy the socket to have on hand. You may be back in the hub to repack or change bearings. Especially if you do any wet off-roading.

And don't buy the special "conversion" kit. Just ask for the spindle nut kit for the Dana 44 FORD(2 spindle nuts, 1 with a nipple, 1 without, and a lock washer)You should pay about half as much. They are the same(35 &44).

Back