Blackout the interior tank 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blackout the interior tank 2

Well after i picked up the wrong can of paint (gloss not flat) i went over it again with a few cans of flat looks much better then b/4 and way better then the ugly ass gray it was AND I also got a cool vinyl PROJECT JELLYSTONE sticker to put on the front thanks to Blee1099.
In the nest few weeks il be taking out the seats to get the floor the back door and head liner and get the few spots i missed.

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg
DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Red, that looks much better than before. What is Project Jellystone? Name for the Ex?

yea before i hated it but now i really like it good job man
ya i did to more then i hated the gray with is funny b/c that what i was trying to fix now im happy

what do you plan on doing for the seats?
I think i just might get a better seat cover or maybe a costume fitted one. I did a test spot on the head liner and it kinda left it a lil stiff and i think it would wear real fast. Im going to over it with a brush and see if that softness it up some . If it does ill do the back seats as a test b/c i never use them anyway. Also what do ya think about doing that bedlinen stuff to the cargo bay.

let me again caution people about painting air bag doors.

Air bags explode with tremendous force. They are not intended to be painted. When they are painted it could comprmise the manner in which the air bag door slits. Paint flakes will definately be an issue.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Back