Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Oh my GOD. :eek:

me and my sport having fun
DCP_2675.jpg

i hate open diffs:rolleyes: she'll be locked soon though
DCP_2678.jpg

DCP_2702.jpg

i think this is my only cleaned up pic:p:
DCP_1600.jpg

2"tt and shackles. ridin on 33x12.50x15's on cragar soft 8's with 4" backspacing.

so how quickly do you run thru ball joints and such with all that backspacing.. and really u have 33s under that bad boy.. how badly does she rub? or rather how much trimming did you have to do? lol

so how quickly do you run thru ball joints and such with all that backspacing.. and really u have 33s under that bad boy.. how badly does she rub? or rather how much trimming did you have to do? lol

Running 35x12.5 on a 15x10 with 5in BS I believe, and have not blown anything up yet to date... on TT/AAl/Shackles and 2" BL

Running 35x12.5 on a 15x10 with 5in BS I believe, and have not blown anything up yet to date... on TT/AAl/Shackles and 2" BL

he was asking 98exploder! cuase i was wondering the same thing. im running 32's and had to cut a good amount

i really didnt have to trim much at all. i shimmed my fenders out some at the bottom, by about 3/4" on the front bolts (closest to the wheel well) then i trimmed about 3" down on th inner fender wells, and bent the tabs inside of the fender out of the way. it just barely doesnt rub though. i can take pics of what i did, if that helps. as far as balljoints and whatnot, i havent noticed any irregular wear. i believe stock backspacing is about 4" its just that im running on wider rims (15x8), so that changes the offset on the outer lip a little bit.

Well I guess I could show a few pictures of my lifted Explorer.

MVC-002F1.jpg

my explorer

heres some of my pics

Attachments

• truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8,794
  • lights on truck.jpg
    lights on truck.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 8,810
  • rear of truck.jpg
    rear of truck.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 8,794

Finally some from me

Hi guys,

I haven´t been active participating but I have read alot on this great forum since I introduced myself in the New Member Forum in January.
Finally I have finished what I set out to do before I take my summer vacation and here you can see the result:
IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

Still waiting for my order from Summit so I can install the KYB Monomax, AAL, gauge pod and K&N air filter.
Then just hope that winter comes early.

Best regards from Iceland,
ExIce

I love it. There's some other members from Iceland that posted a few years back and they also had built their Explorers with the huge tires and those great looking fender flares. To my knowledge no flares like yours are available in the US, but there's a whole lot of us that would love to get our hands on some.

Nice rig.

how big of a lift

i have some 38 brand new in the garage i would llove to put on my explorer
someone told me a 4 inch body lift and some fender cutting they would fit is this true?:thumbsup:

thats a beautiful truck ya got there exice

Thanks

Thanks guys for the positive replys. There is still alot to come, 4.88´s (I can drive in 1st from 0-60 mph !!) and other stuff, but this is it for now.
We are enjoying 24hr daylight at this time of year, I took these at halfpast midnight yesterday but when daylight goes down to maybe 5 hrs a day, that´s when I can go and really USE the truck :D

If there is interest I´ll take detailed pictures of the modifications .

Best regards,
ExIce

Oh yeah, trust me, there's interest.

Back