Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ouray, CO Labor Day Trip 8/29-9/1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just created an invite only social group--
If you are going, get on the list now---

I will invite all on the list--

We can comiple a phone number list there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who knew finding a 4x4 would be so difficult... the search continues

Do you know about crazedlist.org? It searches CL for you in different cities with a min and max price, different categories, etc. Pretty neat tool, that could make it easier to find one somewhere in CO.

You better find something--we need bear bait

It was Doug (Becker69) that attracted the bear. I just woke up to him beating on the hood of the Mounty and then scrambled to get my head lamp on so I could chase the bear :eek:

Here's the most recent prospect... '99 Sport, every option except leather 98k miles (basically, the exact same truck as my first explorer but in red)
DSC00368.jpg

I still have that dealer calling me about the '00 XLT 4 door with 66.5k miles but I think I'd rather have the 2 door for $1500 less (and the sun roof that comes with it :cool:)

damn this is getting rediculous put the motor in then the heater core starts leaking, then this morning fuel pump takes a crap, changing rear axle bearings and blow up a new bearing, try removing race break new brg puller from snap-on try torching race out damn near torch self, 90 weight burns well!!!, finally get race out install other new bearing, finish up about 10:00 go home shower finally get to sleep 4:30 in the morning bear is outside making all kinds of noise, go to sleep get up work all day now trying to finish last little things, move cb charge a/c all that stuff, that I should have done the last year or so! Man this trip can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn this is getting rediculous put the motor in then the heater core starts leaking, then this morning fuel pump takes a crap, changing rear axle bearings and blow up a new bearing, try removing race break new brg puller from snap-on try torching race out damn near torch self, 90 weight burns well!!!, finally get race out install other new bearing, finish up about 10:00 go home shower finally get to sleep 4:30 in the morning bear is outside making all kinds of noise, go to sleep get up work all day now trying to finish last little things, move cb charge a/c all that stuff, that I should have done the last year or so! Man this trip can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshall, Marshall, he's our man, if he cant do it, no one can! hahahahahah. Man your explorer must have came from the same factory as mine. If its not one thing, its 6 others. But hey, thats why its so awesome when you get there.

hello hello everybody! it's been awhile..... but thanks to jtsmith for PMing me about Ouray I've checked my world and think i can make it!!! i don't have to work, so that is goooood. Wouldnt' be able to take off til Friday midafternoon. But it sounds wicked fun.

Not sure how trail ready my beast is.. i don't have any kind of skid plate dealio's or any of that nor any sort of CB. But i love camping and romping around in the wilderness.

sounds so fun though!!!

boomerang

Anybody have a place where they can get "Colorado" boomerangs locally?

I think I'd like to have one-if you could I would paypal funds to you:thumbsup:

http://www.coloradoboomerangs.com/catalog.html

I'd like a rainier model, pheonix and seagull as next choices

hey jenni, would you want to meet in boulder some time friday by the highway and follow us?

I am bringing some freebie things as give away items for drawings-mileage awards etc

I'm thinking about bring a powdercoated upper intake ( exchange of course)-a Zabtech true cold air intake kit-and some license frames.

All who attend are eligible--:thumbsup:

I am bringing some freebie things as giv away items for drawings-mileage awards etc

I'm thinking about bring a powdercoated upper intake ( ecxhange of course)-a Zabtech true cold air intake kit-and some license frames.

All who attend are eligible--:thumbsup:

You should bring along a couple bags of white powdercoating powder, since many people may want to see what the powder is like. Then drive fast on the way out there:D

On a serious note, :thumbsup: for the great contributions you have done for the forum. I think you have done more "give aways" that anybody else (that I have seen.)

So there I am minding my own business, and the Mounty won;t start.

WTF?
It felt weird when I shifted it into park-in fact it wanted to back up, like it was still in reverse. Hmm
I shifted it to nuetral and it started, so I came home and jiggled the shift lever-checked out the trans reange sensor-looked up at the linkage and right then a bolt dropped out and hit me on the chin-
serious--

While looking for the hole it came out of-I saw a couple of wires going to my head temp gauges which were routed bad-oops
she's talking to me--

I found the receptacle for the loose bolt-but it only went into place when the shifter was in park-
this bolt is way up behind the clock sensor-top passenger side
A gold bolt-t30

Anyway-all is well now. Just another WTF moment.

Jon, thanks for bringing stuff for some prizes. I might have something up my sleeve as well ;)

So who would like to have a group dinner? Either Saturday or Sunday night at the True Grit in Ridgway. Last year all of us ate there after we got back from the trails but it was a small group so we got a single table easily. Let me know a headcount of who would like to do the dinner and then I will see about making a reservation when I eat there Friday night.

Also for those of you with kids or just some time to kill dont forget your swimming gear, Ouray has a pretty big hot springs pool in town

So here is my itinerary. Friday, get up really early and drive to Denver to have my blown QL shocks replaced.(wish I could have done this earlier but that is how it works) Leave Denver around noon. Arrive in Ouray around 6:00. Set up camp. Saturday and Sunday are for wheelin. Monday, drive back to Steamboat Springs.

Any idea what trails on what day? Black Bear Pass is my one and only priority. I wouldn't mind doing the Alpine loop also. As I am driving a 3rd Gen with minor modifications, I won't be doing any rock crawling.

Finally, I will be bring a minor assortment of tools. I would like to buy a high lift jack, come-alongs, Tree saver, and tow straps. Unfortunately, I can't afford them all. What do you guys recommend I buy for this trip? Also will anyone bring an air compressor? I was wondering because I hear people air down their tires.

Hm, a compressor...that wasn't on my list:scratch:.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hm, a compressor...that wasn't on my list:scratch:.

It is one of the things I had to say no to-but they have them at wally world for about 36.00

about 58.00 for one which also will jump start a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back