Wax on White Painted Cars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wax on White Painted Cars

I was wondering if anyone found a great wax to use on white painted cars? The reason I ask this, I always have used PS21 and I live by that stuff. That is some great wax, but it is for dark colors. Yes, it can be used on light colored cars too, but it doesn't do them justice like red or black. It makes them dark cars look deep. Was wondering if anyone has found a great wax like that, but for the lighter side of colors such as white...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've always used polish (I believe it is called "raceglaze") on mine. When it's all cleaned up, it looks pretty good. I've never seen a white car that had a finish that I would describe as "awesome"

I don't think you can get a really good shine out of light color cars.

Well the wife has a Nissan Murano that is painted a Pearl White. I know it will shine and will look good, but I want to do it where it looks deep. PS21 even says on there label not for light colored cars... Maybe they have a PS20 or a PS22, LOL... :eek::confused:

But Monmix will see this soon and I know he is like I am, always trying to do the perfect job when it is done... So he will chime in and let us all know something also...:cool:

There are a lot of good waxes out there that will give you great results. A wax isn't really going to give you the depth, and deep shine, you'll want to use a polish. A polish will actually bring out the shine, while your wax is pretty much the protector, and the icing on the cake.

I have no answer for you, but nice to see you still stopping by, BBQ. :thumbsup:

I have no answer for you, but nice to see you still stopping by, BBQ. :thumbsup:

I can't stay away... Most of you guys around here are like family... I love some and I hate some, LOL... :confused: But I still drop by from time to time to make sure Monmix is being cool, and you can't forget my Brother Spindlecone.... :salute:

I agree with catdaddy614. Also, sealents tend to look better on white.

But Monmix will see this soon and I know he is like I am, always trying to do the perfect job when it is done... So he will chime in and let us all know something also...:cool:

sorry it has been so long.
Life happens.

I have been exclusive to Zaino for a long time now. Both my EX and my wifes car is dark colored and Zaino works fantastic for that.
I have zero experiance on white cars.

Sorry :(

i live by collinite's no.845. it's $17 a bottle and you can only find it at marine stores but it is the greatest stuff in the world

Ronnie:

As other have said, it's great to see you on here. I still feel bad, yet am amazed, at the Explorer you had. Your attention to detail and particularization with work done rivals mine.

As for waxes:

(a) I use Werkstatt. It's as durable as Zaino, but spans black to white paints. I've used it on my '04 (black), Pop's '08 (just a few days ago, and it makes the Colorado Red pop), and Mom's '05 Suby (white). Fantastic results, good price.

(b) If you want to buy in-store, you really can't go wrong with Meggie's no. 16.

(c) If you want to open the wallet, Pinnacle Signature, Souveran, or Liquid Souveran will provide fantastic results. It's beyond my price range, however, especially considering the effectiveness of Werkstatt and even no. 16.

Good luck.

Back