How to: - Second Gen Snorkel Install | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Second Gen Snorkel Install

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
It comes with the snorkel, air ram, and some flexible tubing.

1259943.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It comes with the snorkel, air ram, and some flexible tubing.

1259943.jpg

You've got to be kidding me right!:eek: That's all you get for $400? I can get a winch and winch mounting plate for that price. :thumbdwn:

Could just make my own, although yours does look better!:D

Yea the price is pretty high but it looks so much better than pvc and the non-diesel cherokee snorkel is a little cheaper but it mounts on the drivers side.

wow.... I'll make my own..... and figure out a way to make it look just as good

Well, it's not my fault that the US Dollar went downhill and is worth a **** right now. That's where the price comes from, conversion rate Euro <-> Dollar and since I'm in Europe we have to calculate in Euros.

yes it is haha, jk

not your fault lol, 460 bucks in just a **** load of money for it lol

Silly question...... what about running through the firewall up the a-pillar (inside) and to the roof? And maybe blending in with safari rack?

you've got more than just the firewall to go through, but with enough time and effort anything is possible.

+1, you have to go through the firewall, probably move the brake booster(I'm not EXACTLY sure where its at on this truck, as I havent messed with the motor to much), also go through the dash, air bag, probably some wiring and electronics.

hey that all looks really good. did you have any trouble putting the outter fender back on after pounding the innner fender?

hey sorry to post in an old thread but can you snap a few pics of how to install it on to the airbox??

Hi, i really want to do this mod to my X but its a 96 xls and comes with that stupid cone instead of the other air box so how can i manage to do this cool snorkel mod? do i need to buy the rectangular air box to do it? which year air box is the rectangular one ?

by the way your truck locks grat!

iirc the cone type filter still goes through the inner fender so if you take the outer fender off you should be able to access/modify it to work with a snorkel. Mine is 2 1/2" pvc to an arb safari top. looks legit and is more streamlined than the premade ones even haha. heres smoe pics from my install.

398620_239115096163349_1602672457_n.jpg

402082_239115009496691_1315635446_n.jpg

396377_239114969496695_2128748610_n.jpg

400072_239114912830034_1867748307_n.jpg

405702_239114792830046_8907844_n.jpg

note after the "final" pic was taken i rebent the visible piece so it is about 1/4" from my a-pillar very professional looking very easy to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what did you use to cut your fender? ive been looking for awwhile at snorkels and havent decided if i want to run it on the out side out the fender (so cut a circular hole, then just run it) or if i wanna do it like you did. im more leaning to what you did because it looks more professional, did you you just use metal sheers or a grinder?

Back