*Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports

n116507216_32752961_8841.jpg

Here you go IZ

At the bottom of this trail it is about a mile to the next trail. I think as long as you didn't spend the day hanging in Teluride you would be fine. I think that sign is mainly for dirt bikes and ATVs. Apparently they make to much noise for the locals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha nice pics of harley... and those are some cool pics tbars.. nice perspective! that is sure a nice looking sport and mounty at the start of black bear.. hehee

...I'm glad to say I got pics of everyone's vehicle beginning, on, or ending Black Bear Pass...I did not however get any pics of the people around the campfire, no blackmail pics...:p:

...Half of the pics are gorgeous scenery while the rest are blurry from bouncing while shooting the pics..I did post pics of my Ranger on this run however...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181043&page=3

I drained my TC and Transmission-fluid is still red as blood-but it got fresh stuff-
The KN air filter looked like a mud ball when I cleaned it. New oil and filter--
Oh, NEW BRAKE PADS!!!

everything seems tight--:D

...Now your ready for Truckhaven...:D

DSC_0070_resize.jpg

Only 2 more days until they announce I won my Jeep , ok Sheri's Jeep in the 2008 Ouray jeep raffle

:D

I know you will sell it and buy another Mountaineer.

just read this thread (yea im slow) what a great writeup!

Here's a picture of interest-to me anyway

On our first trip to Ouray-after negotiating Imogene pass-we arrived back at the KOA campground where I found this laying on the ground ( on left)

It is an almost perfectly round rock.It is like a marble almost. ABout 1 1/8" diameter.
I carried it around as a good luck charm, and a few years later we went to the "Ripleys believe it or not" museum in Jackson Wyoming. Inside a sealed display were a few of these round rocks, just like the one in my pocket-exactly the same thing. Although they had a larger display of them, in varying sizes-
The display was described as fossilized fur balls from a prehistoric fur bearing predator-
Cool!
It went on to say that the native Americans thought they had a mystical power, one of good luck.
See, I was right-:cool:

On this trip -again I looked down in the campsite-low and behold I found a nickle which had been placed on a railroad track and smashed-
I think I actually found it while troubleshooting my fuel pump issue-Tbars4 was right there when I picked it up-:confused:

Another good luck piece from the same place!!

I sure would like to have these mounted somehow in a pendant to hang from my rear view mirror. Maybe the ball can be tied with wire somehow?

Attachments

• lucky objects.jpg
    lucky objects.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 393

...Just a heads up to all that went on this trip or want to read info on the area...4wheelparts magazine, "Offroad Adventures" has a write up on this area in the Nov. '08 edition starting on page 14...It's the cover story...

...It's a husband and a wife doing this trek in the wifes new Kia...This will make a good quick read when you have the time...:D

...They usually post this months mag at the end of the month online and it should be found here..
http://www.offroadadventures.com/issues

i read that article, was pretty cool

...:wtf:...I see your cv death toll has risen..:D

...I just got this months "Off Road Adventures" from 4wheelparts in the mail...They had a big FJ gathering in Ouray and did Black Bear rd....They had some cool pics and one that made me remember this trip...:D

...They showed a tire pic that looked similar to this one and explained that the FJ was up against the wall and how narrow the road is, along with it's many 3 point turn switchbacks...

...I just thought I would share...

here is a pic i think kinda shows how sketchy this could be.. mwahahaha... josh is on the edge here

n14811518_39919121_5308.jpg

That's freakin' funny... I was just reading the same thing and thinking of you guys!!! Especially the on-the-edge part, since it sure looks like our Spolder owners got closer to the cliff than those Fj guys did ;)

haha yeah i got too and when i saw that pic i thought, hell i took an even better one than that! what a fun trip. hope to go next year, but i'll probably be riding my dirtbike.. then i can be the official picture taker lol

damn narrow FJ's anyway!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back