• Register Today It's free!

84 2.8 smoking

sixfootman2005

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ex cab ranger
I just bought an 84 Bronco 2 with a 2.8/auto 4x4. The guy I bought it from said it smokes really bad. He drove it off the trailer then 30 mins later I drove it for about 5 mins and no smoke. He said it starts smoking after running for awhile. I've been asking around and thought this would be a good place to get some answers. It has 232,000 miles but the body looks good and the engine looks good(haven't pulled the plugs or anything). Also he said its been sitting for 5-7 years and still has the old gas.:confused:

Put some new gas in there. Also some of that smoke may be from some seal leaking and then onto the hot exhaust pipe. When my B2 was stock, i hat a real bad smoke when the rear seal started leaking on the exhaust. But most likely it's valve stem seals and rings if it's blowing out the exhaust. Do a compression check.

Put some new gas in there. Also some of that smoke may be from some seal leaking and then onto the hot exhaust pipe. When my B2 was stock, i hat a real bad smoke when the rear seal started leaking on the exhaust. But most likely it's valve stem seals and rings if it's blowing out the exhaust. Do a compression check.

Yea I've had oil leaks on to the exhaust before. Well I just went out and let it sit. After idling for awhile it started to smoke out the exhaust. It's white smoke and smells like the bad gas.

Tried to take a short video with my phone but it's hard to see.

http://media.putfile.com/b2-smoking

Back