Truckhaven! October 25th-26th | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven! October 25th-26th

After trying my hardest to get the explorer ready, which it almost is, i gotta back out from this trip. I knew i would need nothing short of a miracle to get the truck ready and get ahead of my schoolwork to have the weekend free and enjoy myself, but by working on the truck i've fallen further behind in school and can't even sleep knowing what isn't getting done. I hate having to do this, i was looking forward to this weekend so much. Guess there's always 2009.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After trying my hardest to get the explorer ready, which it almost is, i gotta back out from this trip. I knew i would need nothing short of a miracle to get the truck ready and get ahead of my schoolwork to have the weekend free and enjoy myself, but by working on the truck i've fallen further behind in school and can't even sleep knowing what isn't getting done. I hate having to do this, i was looking forward to this weekend so much. Guess there's always 2009.

1) do homework at truckhaven. i've done it

2) do homework friday, go to truck haven early saturday morning, go home saturdaynight or early sunday morning to finish homework

Heh -- I have a paper due the following Monday. Death!
Sounds like we're going to have to set up a study area in the middle of the desert :)

3 days to go.. and I'm about as ready as I'm gonna be (at least the truck is).

Got the new shocks installed (and new shock mounts)
Installed new ball joints (installed new bearings while I was in there)
replaced the a/c evaporator (grinder incident)
sealed the ac/heater box (don't want truckhaven dust to get in the truck through that ac/heater box)
Installed new orifice tube and charged the ac (another ordeal.. the 1st orifice tube blew into the new evaporator.. pissed me off)
replaced the adjuster on the rs9000 rear shock that I broke off last year.. BUT it looks like the shock is "stuck" at the setting of 7... I "might" pick up a pair or rear shocks and throw them on before heading out..

Now I need to gather the minimum camping supplies (not bringing the tent this time), and some firewood and I'll be set.. I'm trying to be "ready" by thursday so friday I can just hop in the truck and head on out in the morning..

~Mark

I'm sure Arus will corecting papers if you guys need some help:p:

Weather Update....

Fri-Sun 87 Hi / 51 Lo Sunny (no wind:D:thumbsup:)

It's funny to hear you guy's talking about camper's especially since I went to the big RV show last weekend in Pomona. Camper's are great and you can alway's remove them at the camp site and still use your truck for something else. When I was at the show last weekend, I was looking at the 42-45' coaches with a bath & a half in them. I found one with a double sink in the back (usually they only have one sink in them) with 4 TV's. Also found one that sleep's ten people with a bath & a half. Bunk bed's and a king bed. Option's are unlimited.
I looked at a two year old Country Coach, 36' last weekend with the 525hp pusher. It was half price to what I saw one year ago. Very nice. It only slept four though. Will start seriously looking for a new coach next year.

Sorry you can't make it Matt. Don't listen to these clowns, just stay home and catch up on school. When you finish school and get a great job, you can spend all your weekends at Truckhaven.

I looked at a two year old Country Coach, 36' last weekend with the 525hp pusher. It was half price to what I saw one year ago. Very nice. It only slept four though. Will start seriously looking for a new coach next year.
I see you're planning on making more little Kennedys in the near future :)

LOL...I think Brian's done. If he had more he would be broke for sure:p:

What model was it? I look at their new Veranda series. Instead of a slide out on the one side, the whole wall fold's out and down for an outside patio deck with slideing glass window's and screen's. The only down side is, you lose interior space. I rather have a larger interior. Of all the well known brand's that I look at the only one that really impressed me was the Tiffin brand. Family owned in Alabama. A very well built coach. It had a double sink in the back main bath area plus a second toilet and sink in the front. Some times it nice to have two toilet's. Most coaches only sleep 4. The one I saw that sleep 10 was a 40' Gulf Stream Nova with a bath/half, also nice. Sorry if I hijack this thread:p:

OK last min....

So I was still in Oceanside on Monday and had not gone up to LA for work yet and stopped in Bestbuy to get a camera for this weekend and going home through fire mountain I see this huge primer brown ranger and kept thinking I have seen this truck some ware..... as it pulls in to a drive way the garage was open and there were tiki's all over the place then it hit holy crap thats RangerX :D ah.... well now I know if I ever need a tiki were to go.... so its last min. but I will have it off work and should be heading down to Oceanside thurs. night and be out there early on fri. I have not been out there before so I dont know were the base camp location is :salute: so any help on that would be cool. also if there is anything else to bring like EXTRA beer if there is such a thing, or more wood please let me know.... looking forward to meeting you guys I have been reading the posts on here for some time as I work on the X (God its hard to get work done when all you can think about is wheeling:roll:)

Weather Update....

Fri-Sun 87 Hi / 51 Lo Sunny (no wind:D:thumbsup:)

Where did you get that update? I looked up Yahoo's forecast (weather.com) and it shows 97/58 through the weekend. I hope yours is correct, i've been waiting for it to cool down here:rolleyes:

I noticed when I rotated my tires last week that my front axle is off track by around 1" but it still drives fine. To fix it I have to cut one end off the trac-bar and weld in a new insert since both ends use heims. I don't have time this week to do it so it'll have to wait until after the run. I've got other stuff to rework anyways on the front end.

dblake79...do a map search on Salton City, the street you want is N. Marina drive off Hwy 86. Take N. Marina drive all the way through the housing tract until it turns into a dirt road. You will come to a fork in the road, can't miss it as there is a hill dead ahead...stay to the right. We are a few hundred yards off to the right next to the wash. Look for Explorers/Rangers naturally:D:thumbsup:

Bring all you can as far as wood goes, we like our fires big. Bring plenty of water for yourself, it'll be hot, dry and dusty out there. Everyone who drinks beer is usually pretty good in that dept. There are stores nearby if you forget or need anything...see ya out there:salute:

Thank you that help... and thank you tbars4 for the link to this thread its about time I get out on a trip :D

dblake79...do a map search on Salton City, the street you want is N. Marina drive off Hwy 86. Take N. Marina drive all the way through the housing tract until it turns into a dirt road. You will come to a fork in the road, can't miss it as there is a hill dead ahead...stay to the right. We are a few hundred yards off to the right next to the wash. Look for Explorers/Rangers naturally:D:thumbsup:

Bring all you can as far as wood goes, we like our fires big. Bring plenty of water for yourself, it'll be hot, dry and dusty out there. Everyone who drinks beer is usually pretty good in that dept. There are stores nearby if you forget or need anything...see ya out there:salute:

All the motorhomes will be flying Explorer Forum flags.

Watch for the "New" one!

I hope you guys have a great time. I wish I could make it back out. Seems like a bigger group than i seen. Be safe.

dblake79 they like there fires really hot. Hot enough where you have to sit quite a bit away from to enjoy lol

So I was still in Oceanside on Monday and had not gone up to LA for work yet and stopped in Bestbuy to get a camera for this weekend and going home through fire mountain I see this huge primer brown ranger and kept thinking I have seen this truck some ware..... as it pulls in to a drive way the garage was open and there were tiki's all over the place then it hit holy crap thats RangerX :D ah.... well now I know if I ever need a tiki were to go....
So that was YOU! Haha, as I watched you going by, I thought that's a good lookin Explorer, that guy gotta be on the forum! You should have stopped and said Hi.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back