Post pics of 1st gens with smoked tail lights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pics of 1st gens with smoked tail lights.

jumpn4jesus

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer XLT
I know there are threads about this. I looked and they all seem to be of the 2nd gens or higher. Plus it's all about how to. I am looking for pictures of 1st gens that have blacked out/smoked tail lights! :D
Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong thread.:salute:

P.S.This site ROCKS!!!:D:thumbsup::salute::thumbsup::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here ya go.....:D

extl.jpg

Um? Did you do that on paint? Looks like it! haha Nice:D

lol....well at least it gives you an idea :D....sorry but i've been bored today lol

Oh, wow! Me too. I'm about to go see if I can get some work done on my truck.

Oh, wow! Me too. I'm about to go see if I can get some work done on my truck.

I'll try to find and add some pictures of mine with the tinted tail lights. Looked bad ass on a black truck but the cops at my new school didn't like them :(

(PS. - Have them lying around somewhere if you want them :p)

EDIT (Found pictures):
n646910001_2652368_2178.jpg

n646910001_2680837_2366.jpg

n646910001_2276831_2924.jpg

n646910001_2274454_1513.jpg

Think I'll just buy the paint and do my own. How much though?

What lift are you running? BL?

Think I'll just buy the paint and do my own. How much though?

What lift are you running? BL?

Haha okay well if you screw them up buy them pre-painted from me. Will be cheaper then getting them from the dealer brand new and non-painted haha. I was thinking $50 shipped? They're $60 A PIECE the dealer so I figured that sounds fair.

And in those pictures I think I just have the 4" lift with 33x12.50s. Now Have 6" suspension with a 3" BL and 35s.

I'd get em cheap at a yard here or pull-a-part

Not to be mean or anything. I just wanna save as much as I can. College budget.:thumbdwn::mad:

Haha its no problem. I know that feeling at school now as well. Good luck! Make sure the lenses are clean and at like 70 degrees. I did my front lenses in the cold and the paints all cracked & fugly

did you use that tailshade paint, or did you just use straight up gloss black spray?

Certain kind of black paint if I believe. I'll check tomorrow afternoon at work and let you know exactly. That along with 2 layers of clear. And its technically passes PA inspection b/c the light is still visible from 50ft or whatever, but the cops just a douchebag so whatever haha

I thought the idea with headlights was to be able to see..more, not less?

Yeah I don't really care for them either but they were on the X when I got it and I am gonna be putting the Diamonds on there when I get some $$$..

Surprisingly though they really aren't that noticeably darker than the stock ones...

Back