Return from Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend '08 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend '08

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
Well it was an epic weekend in all aspects, weather was picture perfect with temps warm but not hot during the day and cool but not real cold at night. The wind gods even gave us a break this weekend, only a nice breeze at times. I think the best thing of all was the dust was kept at bay due to the recent rains out there. I think it helped with traction too since most of the steep hill climbs seemed effortless.
The group was small but good with RockRanger, wife and her dad showing up Sat. morning for a day run. Matt's recently finished 3-link looked sweet and performed great.
Friday night we stayed local to camp and wandered through a couple good canyons that were about as good as some of the ditches:thumbsup:
Saturday morning the group heads out and since our camp was off the beaten path from the normal spots we camp at, we seemed to cover quite a bit of ground which was good cause we hit a few areas i've never been or at least I didn't recognize.
Saturday night Colin and I are on our own for a run so we drop back into the canyons by camp and find some good stuff...he leads since I get turned around easily in there and would get us lost:p:
Sunday morning Colin and co. decide to get a head start on traffic and hit the road so that leaves Brian, Tom, Show, and myself for short but sweet run over in the state park/Ocotillo.
No major carnage to report except for a little coil poppage on Shows truck but everyone was rubber side down this trip:D I didn't take any pics but shot a little video of Matt, Froader and Show attempting the obstacle behind CJ hill...yes we ended up there again but we didn't spend all day there:nono:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In, thanks for the chance!

Like Dave said, it was an epic trip. Perfect weather, perfect dirt and a great group to wheel with. 3 Explorers and 3 Rangers. I've got some video that I'll edit together either tonight or this week, and I have a few pics as well.

Album Dead Link Removed

The best antenna mount we could come up with what I had to work with...

Dead Link Removed

Out on the trail.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Show's "carnage"

Dead Link Removed

Matt's attempt at that obstacle. The sliders were our problem.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

My GF's "murdered out" Jeep, that we will test out next trip.

Dead Link Removed

My "carnage"

Dead Link Removed

Had a great time out there on Saturday. Tracy's dad also had a great time. When I pulled my camera out to start taking pictures the batteries were dead so no pics from me. I didn't get a chance to pull my front end apart and see what I broke. I am hoping that it was just a hub.

Did anyone get any flex pictures of my front end?

Like Dave said, it was an epic trip. Perfect weather, perfect dirt and a great group to wheel with. 2 Explorers, 1 Navajo and 3 Rangers. I've got some video that I'll edit together either tonight or this week, and I have a few pics as well.
Fixed the truck tally for you.
Show's "carnage"
Dead Link Removed

I don't care who you are, that's some sweet TTB flex right there!:D

The best antenna mount we could come up with what I had to work with...

Dead Link Removed

Oh, and that mount is ® & © of Show's Last Minute Custom Fab, Inc.™

Nice flex Show:eek: Die you just lose a spring retainer?

I love the antenna mount, but I think the trees here would have a hay day with it. :D

In, thanks for the chance!

You had your chance, now finish your rig:p:

Matt, I need to go through my video but I have some of you coming up the canyon near camp and at the obstacle near CJH. I try and get it posted tomorrow.

¿Como Estan *****es?

top-10-ben-stiller-moments-20080805032631861.jpg

Look's like a good time, sorry I missed it... I kept seeing all these RV's and pick ups with there toys on the way out to work friday. Then saw them all coming home, on my way home from work today:(

How does Matt like wheeling with coils?:D

Nice video, Colin. Wished I could have made this trip.

Nice pic and video Colin.

Glad the weather was great for you guys

Looks like a great time as usual. Colin, i loved that opening shot of you unloading the trailer and then the truck and rhino cruising by in the background.

Cool video, just don't let your work see that part where it falls off:p:
That's weird when the camera faces the sun there's a little black dot in the middle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool video, just don't let your work see that part where it falls off:p:
That's weird when the camera faces the sun there's a little black dot in the middle.

I noticed that also-what is the optical term for that? I like how you can shoot right into the sunlight and get good lighting.

Back