Johnson Valley Dec 30-Jan1 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Johnson Valley Dec 30-Jan1

....Thanks for the updates...Us Jonesing folks appreciate it...:biggthump

...I was wondering about that pic of yours but I've seen you do some amazing things with that ranger..;)

...I take it that Tracy's u bolt snapped at the nuts??

..And the pic of Matt looks like he had a little predicament and was backing up...I was wondering why his front tire was all white??? Rock mark I guess...

...I am glad all of you were able to make it thru the climb without any major problems though...:eek:..Remind me of where thats at so I can be the photographer when I go...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jan. or Feb. trip back there?

See how work ends up. I do want to go out there for KOH.

...I take it that Tracy's u bolt snapped at the nuts??

..And the pic of Matt looks like he had a little predicament and was backing up...I was wondering why his front tire was all white??? Rock mark I guess...

...I am glad all of you were able to make it thru the climb without any major problems though...:eek:..Remind me of where thats at so I can be the photographer when I go...:D

If she snapped a U bolt then I just drove it home 4 hours with one missing. I think it was just laying out on the trail.

I fell off a line in the picture of me in the crack. As far as the white on the tire, it is just the tire. They must be about 6 or 7 years old.

I will try to post some of my pictures later tonight. We need to spens more time out there doing runs.

Not sure what the deal was with Tracy's ubolt's, Matt can fill us in.
As for Matt's tire's they've been like that for awhile, it's just the sidewall coming off...that's normal for Matt's rig:p:

Colin, I'd love to go back but no funds to fix the driveshaft right now so i'm out indefinitely. I think i'll be making spare D-shafts after trails like the Hammers. Front pinion yoke looks like it was grinding pretty good on the rocks too.

Got some pics of the camera, well my video camera which has a camera mode. It doesn't take the greatest pics plus seems we were facing the sun a lot but i'll post the best of the bunch.
First two pics are at camp in the morning the rest are from the Bullfrog trail.

On with the pics:

pic_0111.jpg

pic_0109.jpg

pic_0105.jpg

pic_0104.jpg

pic_0101.jpg

pic_0099.jpg

pic_0097.jpg

pic_0095.jpg

pic_0093.jpg

pic_0091.jpg

pic_0088.jpg

pic_0087.jpg

pic_0086.jpg

pic_0085.jpg

pic_0082.jpg

Thanks again guys (and gal) for letting us come hang out, and for all your patience. My brother and I had a blast, and we're both looking forward to the next run out there.

I'll post a link to all my pictures as soon as they finish uploading, but here's a couple more.

We plan on keeping it pretty calm so even a locked up SAS explorer on 35"s or so should beable to hang with us. Unless froader and or DB1 show up. Then who knows what kind of trouble we will create :D
fixed! :p:

...I was wondering about that pic of yours but I've seen you do some amazing things with that ranger..;)

Attachments

• DSC01544.JPG
    DSC01544.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC01542.JPG
    DSC01542.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC01540.JPG
    DSC01540.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC01546.JPG
    DSC01546.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 190

...In the voice of Huell Howser, "Amazing, simply Amazzzzing"...

Thanks again guys (and gal) for letting us come hang out, and for all your patience. My brother and I had a blast, and we're both looking forward to the next run out there.

I'll post a link to all my pictures as soon as they finish uploading, but here's a couple more.

fixed! :p:

We were glad you came out. It was fun watching an IFS second gen flex through the trail. Hopefully we can do more runs with you.

I also left myself an out cause DB1 came out :p:

Nice! Hammers is one of those places where memories are made forever!

looks like fun for sure:thumbsup: we'll have to plan a run out there for sure:D Just not sure when..:rolleyes:

i saw you guys coming down the road as i was coming in. i unloaded and scouted around but couldnt find you....

We thought that was you, we were headed back to camp off Boone rd.

We thought that was you, we were headed back to camp off Boone rd.

yeah i wasnt sure where you guys were camped. no way in hell my ol 2wd would have done what you guys did LOL. but it sure would have been fun to watch. i did what i wanted to do out there which is run course B. good times right there.

Post 26 with bad ass pictures of Dave's ranger
Boomer, those pics are fricken SAWEEET!!

Dave, the truck looks like sex on those rocks! I really need to get there.

Boomer, those pics are fricken SAWEEET!!

Dave, the truck looks like sex on those rocks! I really need to get there.

Okay, I agree with the first part, but.......as impressed as I was with that drop off (since my Explorer would be sitting at the bottom on its roof).......I never.........oh well.......:confused:

We do need to make a run back there.

Okay, I agree with the first part, but.......as impressed as I was with that drop off (since my Explorer would be sitting at the bottom on its roof).......I never.........oh well.......:confused:

We do need to make a run back there.

I just about ended up on my roof in that spot. I thought it was only about a foot down to the bottom. After I dropped in I relized how far down it was :rolleyes: Took some work to get myself out of that mess.

I have to laugh at those pics because I doubt I would've done it had I gotten out to see it first. Matt went through it first and I heard a lot of banging and scraping going on...I could only see from some distance back...then I thought well Matt got through so i'll try it, good times:D

You know the Explorers would have rolled through there. With a higher CG and more weight up above the rear wheels:rolleyes: You guys got luck because you were in Pick-ups:(

PB finally stopped fighting my uploads, so here they are...

And for the record my brother Chris shot almost all the pics and deserves the credit for the good ones. :cool:

...Boomer, it's asking for a log in...:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back