Few questions to the SAS guys. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Few questions to the SAS guys.

cyclegrip

Reaction score
City, State
PA
I wanna get an explorer and sas it. I don't want to go full width, so d30 or a d44 from an eb or cj or wagoneer are my options. I will most likely go with leafs as that would be the cheapest route. I was just wondering what kind of money this will cost for the entire swap. What steering was used for this also? And how did you do a rear SOA if you did. The superlift one or made your own?

Just throwing this out there, would a 4.9L fit into a first gen explorer? Or would a 5.0L be my best bet to replace a tired 4.0?

$2,500 - $7,000

The 4.9 won't fit, but you can search member arsoul and see how he's using one. There are a few 5.0 swaps going on or done on this site that you can get some ideas from.

Search the Projects and SAS forums and you'll find a ton of info you need.

$2,500 - $7,000

The 4.9 won't fit, but you can search member arsoul and see how he's using one. There are a few 5.0 swaps going on or done on this site that you can get some ideas from.

Search the Projects and SAS forums and you'll find a ton of info you need.

Alright thanks, I saw a person did one for under $1000. I couldn't imagine it being a whole lot more than that, custom mounts and a used axle in good condition.

Back