Looking to Purchase a '94 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to Purchase a '94 Explorer.

95BlackGA

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Possibly '94
I found a low mileage '94 Explorer. I'm needing a 4x4, and this one struck my eyes. It has less than 87,000 miles, and is in GREAT condition. I have yet to test drive it, but will be going by there tomorrow. Is there anything I need to look for? What type of maintenance should I expect to perform when it does hit the 100k mark? It's priced at $3980, with a 6 month warranty. Does this seem like a fair price? Thanks for all the help, and I hope I can become an Explorer enthusiast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those things last forever, but 4 grand seems a bit over priced. i got my 97 sport with 50k miles for less, granted it has a lil rust, but still. If you can get him down to 3 then i would consider it if its excellent like you said

those things last forever, but 4 grand seems a bit over priced. i got my 97 sport with 50k miles for less, granted it has a lil rust, but still. If you can get him down to 3 then i would consider it if its excellent like you said

The only reason it's that price is because it's a dealer. The suggested retail is 3250, and I have a 6 month warranty. I could probably talk them down a few hundred or so.

Make sure it has only 87k on it as the odometer is only 5 digit, and yeah 4k is steep. I wouldn't trade mine for the world.

The price does sound a little steep. But check to make sure the transmission shifts smooth since that is a weak part of these trucks. Also try out the 4wd to make sure that works fine as well.

This one has a 7 digit (6 for actual miles, and then 1 for tenth miles.)

Odometer.jpg

I found a low mileage '94 Explorer. I'm needing a 4x4, and this one struck my eyes. It has less than 87,000 miles, and is in GREAT condition. I have yet to test drive it, but will be going by there tomorrow. Is there anything I need to look for? What type of maintenance should I expect to perform when it does hit the 100k mark? It's priced at $3980, with a 6 month warranty. Does this seem like a fair price? Thanks for all the help, and I hope I can become an Explorer enthusiast.

That is some low miles, but it is way overpriced!! I doubt you could sell it for over $2500 tomorrow! Check out craigslist, and you will see the prices. Look for individual sellers, those are the prices that matters. I have a '94 for sale for under a grand. It has more miles on it but it is in great running condition. I have seen many, many newer EX's for sale for half that price. Seriously, keep shopping. Explorers are up for sale everywhere, since gasoline $$ is on everyones minds.

Here is an example:http://springfield.craigslist.org/ctd/1012519067.html

and another:http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/1008424702.html

I just found the Ex your looking at!! haha! I know where its at! Too funny!

That is some low miles, but it is way overpriced!! I doubt you could sell it for over $2500 tomorrow! Check out craigslist, and you will see the prices. Look for individual sellers, those are the prices that matters. I have a '94 for sale for under a grand. It has more miles on it but it is in great running condition. I have seen many, many newer EX's for sale for half that price. Seriously, keep shopping. Explorers are up for sale everywhere, since gasoline $$ is on everyones minds.

Here is an example:http://springfield.craigslist.org/ctd/1012519067.html

and another:http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/1008424702.html

Thanks for the links! I'd be very interested in the 1999 if it where 4-door, I just don't like the Sport. As for the '98 I'm not driving all the way down to West Plains to pick on up. Especially not a V8 model. :p It will be a daily driver, throughout Springfield, so I don't think a V8 would be price friendly in the long run.

I was not expecting you to buy these, it was meerly an example of what prices they are going for. Just an EXAMPLE!
And FYI...a v-8 is better on gas than the v-6! Curious why your against the v-8?

Back