auxiliary audio input jack for 2006 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

auxiliary audio input jack for 2006 ford explorer

boandkim

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Polk, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer
I just bought a 2006 Eddie Bauer. I would like to install the auxiliary audio input jack that seems to come standard with 2007 and newer Ford Explorers. Can anyone tell me where to find one or if there's any reason I can't put the 2007 armrest with auxiliary audio input jack in a 2006 ford explorer?
Thanks!

I just bought a 2006 Eddie Bauer. I would like to install the auxiliary audio input jack that seems to come standard with 2007 and newer Ford Explorers. Can anyone tell me where to find one or if there's any reason I can't put the 2007 armrest with auxiliary audio input jack in a 2006 ford explorer?
Thanks!

Same exact situation. Just bought mine and would really like the inconspicuous plug in the armrest. Is this an option? Really new to the car audio game. Thanks

my 07 sport-trac did not come with one even though it was on the window sticker. I added one in the factory location but found that none of the wires were ran to the stereo. Gonna need to buy a new wire harness from an 07 explorer to get it.

Back