Traded in the Ex today, new car pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traded in the Ex today, new car pics

dannyb420

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
Well, the time came where I was tired of my explorer. I guess I started to get the itch when my wife bought a new jeep two weeks ago. Well to make a long story short I was really wanting a sedan and finally settled on one. a 2009 Mercedes C300 AMG Sport. Got a great deal I couldnt pass up, although they didnt give me squat for my Ex. If anyone changes their mind, I still have a few days until I take ownership and can sell it to you...hehe. If not I will be listing some of my upgrades in the parts for sale area.

Here it is:

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,109

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sick car man that makes me want my M3 back. cant go wrong with a german high end car. what did they give you for ur ex or how much do you want for it?

Gave me 6k for it, I wanted 8k because thats exactly what I owe on it, but I should get some cash from the accessories that I am going to replace with the OEM ones, thank god I saved everything.

Excellent choice! :) Funny thing, the same feeling hit me about a week ago... I drove by the dealership here, and I was so tempted to take the Scion in, but we owe nothing on it. I don't want to make payments, but luxury cars are so nice... You made a good move!

do you have anything else installed on the ex besides whats on ur thing below ur comments

only other thing is Road Bully 2" spacers but I never got around to installing them so they are in the box still. Just installed a new battery last week, thats about it. I have it listed in the vehicles for sale thread with a list of all of the maintenence performed.

Well, the time came where I was tired of my explorer. I guess I started to get the itch when my wife bought a new jeep two weeks ago. Well to make a long story short I was really wanting a sedan and finally settled on one. a 2009 Mercedes C300 AMG Sport. Got a great deal I couldnt pass up, although they didnt give me squat for my Ex. If anyone changes their mind, I still have a few days until I take ownership and can sell it to you...hehe. If not I will be listing some of my upgrades in the parts for sale area.

Here it is:

sorry to burst your bubble, but the c300 is the base model, not amg. the amg c class is the c63. that looks like the sport, like you said. not amg. unless i am missing something?

that year benz is my favorite. my girl has a 05 slk350 and i think its kinda ugly. good pick with the white also.

Congrats on the new ride...awesome car. Lemme know if you put stuff up for sale. I have an '04 XLT and live in Akron.

nice benz u got there

does it got hids and navigation and etc and how much was it

Its the C300 sport 4 matic with the Premium 1 package and multimedia package, It does not have the AMG Motor like the AMG 63 but it has the AMG package which includes different body parts, AMG wheels, and some AMG faceplates so its more of an AMG style package. Premium 1 includes pretty much everything except BiXenons, headlight washers, and rear window shade but it does include HID's, heated seats, sirius, moonroof, ipod adaptor with charger and on screen display. The multimedia package includes navigation, Harman Kardon speakers, their comand system and a 60gb hard drive, msrp was $42k, but I was able to get it for $530/month with only $350 down for title and plates. I am putting quite a bit up for sale, it should be up tonight on the parts for sale thread.

I wouldn't trade my Ex for a foreign car anyday. I'd rather drive a rusty Ex with the worst gas mileage on earth then that.

EDITED FOR POLITICALLY CORRECT EMOTIONAL REASONS

Sorry to insult your taste, but I don't care how much that thing cost.

I wouldn't trade my Ex for a foreign car anyday. I'd rather drive a rusty Ex with the worst gas mileage on earth then that.

I second that. An overpriced German car does nothing for me. :thumbdwn:

But It is a nice car. But you could have gotten a Taurus/Sable or a that is just as nice for a third of the price. Or if the "status" is your thing, a Lincoln for half.

Sorry to insult your taste, but I don't care how much that thing cost.

It's way too feminine on the lines. You should trade your wife for her jeep!

I second that. An overpriced German car does nothing for me. :thumbdwn:

But It is a nice car. But you could have gotten a Taurus/Sable or a that is just as nice for a third of the price. Or if the "status" is your thing, a Lincoln for half.

I dont understand the bashing, I dont like german cars, wouldnt own one. But thats the car HE LIKES for whatever the reason, its a nice ride, and the quality beats the CRAP out of our explorers. some comments should just be kept to yourselves. :thumbdwn:

I dont understand the bashing, I dont like german cars, wouldnt own one. But thats the car HE LIKES for whatever the reason, its a nice ride, and the quality beats the CRAP out of our explorers. some comments should just be kept to yourselves. :thumbdwn:

Because this is an EXPLORER forum, not a Mercedes forum... and trading in an Ex for that is a travesty in my eyes.

So as this is a public forum, we're ALL entitled to our opinions as such. If we were attacking him personally, I could see your point, but since we're talking about cars here if anyone feels personally insulted that's their problem.

Because this is an EXPLORER forum, not a Mercedes forum... and trading in an Ex for that is a travesty in my eyes.

So as this is a public forum, we're ALL entitled to our opinions as such. If we were attacking him personally, I could see your point, but since we're talking about cars here if anyone feels personally insulted that's their problem.

this is an explorer forum, but he's been here waaaaaaaaay longer than you have, which means he knows a lot of members here, and hes giving an update on his EXPLORER. All im saying is the bashing for his decision isnt necessary

All I have to say is, what you see as bashing... I see as just speaking bluntly.

True, he's been here longer and paid for a membership, but regardless I do have one thing going for me. I ACTUALLY OWN AN EXPLORER and now he doesn't.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue what's right or wrong. Simply stating my opinion.

All I have to say, is what you see as bashing... I see as just speaking bluntly.

True, he's been here longer and paid for a membership, but regardless I do have one thing going for me. I ACTUALLY OWN AN EXPLORER and now he doesn't.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue what's right or wrong. Simple stating my opinion.

Hahahaha, ok man. do your thing ;)

Its OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I actually wanted an American car over this, but seeing as though most of the Lincolns with the same options were about the same price, Chrysler is not leasing anymore, and Chevy stopped producing...I was just out looking. I liked the car, I test drove many in its class, and its the one I bought. Everyones opinion is just that an opinion, I agreee with Edgar that sometimes some respect is nice, but to each their own. I know you get a little farther with respecting some veterans. I loved my explorer as it was my second, and still will be a member of this forum, even without owning one. Most members become members before they own one but it doesnt make them any different. Thank you to everyone who likes my car, and thanks to everyone that helped me in my 7+ years of being member with questions and hopefully I was able to help some people with their questions. Explorers rock, I loved mine, and I wouldnt replace it with a foreign SUV anyday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think your jealous, because you cant afford an over priced german car LOL.. :D

the fact is, american cars cant compare to german cars. period.

here is my over priced german car.. audi s4

test.jpg

test2.jpg

Danny, i like the benz man.. and im sure you will as well. the way it drives and the build quality cant be touched by a similar american car imo.

Back