Lowering a 92...what do i need?

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Hey guys, im gonna have 1500$ in the next few weeks lol, and I want to buy a nice set of 18s or 20s, and i would like to lower my ex a few inches...

what do i need?

my uncle was telling me just cut a coil or 2 off the springs and thats it, is there any other way?

anyone know of any tuts? couldnt rlly find any

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lift it, fat chicks cant jump J/K i wouldnt cut the springs its hard to get it to sit level and you will compromise the ride quality.

yea thats what i thought, it already rides really stiff as it is; i dont wanna raise it lol

...I sent a message to a guy with a link to this thread...He is into lowering vehicles and I'm hoping he will pop in here and help you out in the next day or so..;)

lol okay i hope so to

why put that much into a truck you want to get rid of? im just confused cause ive seen you post a couple threads about wanting a 95+

why not just save the 1500 and spend it towards what you really want?

anyway, there are a couple people here with lowered first gens that im sure will chime in.

well i just decided to keep it, ive put so much into it in a/v and all that i just wanna keep it lol

I've lowered mine 5" in the front, and 6" in the rear. It's 2WD.

ChassisTech 3" Drop I-beams they were about $450
Eibach 2" Drop Springs they were about $150
3" Drop Leaf Springs they were about $250
3" Drop Block was $30
6" Ranger C-notch (cut to 4") $100

There were other things that you need while you at it...like ball joints...those will run you about $200 for the set.

Ryan

is it 2wd or 4wd

I've never heard of a 2WD Eddie Bauer...does anyone know if they exist?

If he is 4WD, he is wasting his time trying to lower it.

Anything more than 2" of a drop can't be aligned, not to mention the binding of the axles.

Ryan

just go to ebay and get 2" lowering springs for the front and 2" drop blocks for the rear. i think there's one or two guys in the "sport truck" forum that has a lowered 4x4

damnit, exactly one of the reasons i wanted to get a 96, mines 4x4 but pointless cus it doesnt even work,

so yr tellin me i couldnt even lower it 2 inches?

does it like affect me using the 4x4? so if i lowered it i couldnt use it? cus thats totally okay, it doesnt work anyways....

im not sayin i wanna get this thing draggin ass on the pavement, i just want the 20's im planning on getting to sit in those wheel-wells nice and flush

you can lower it 2 inches, thats the max you can go in the front. that should look good with 20's. your 4x4 will still work (if it worked in the first place)

I just replyed to another thread like this in the lowered forum. 2" drop coils, Eibach hasn't made them for years. But you can use the Belltech ones for Ibeam rangers up to 97. 3" Drop Ibeams are your other option if your 4x4 you will have to swap out everything pretty much. Dont buy those cheep drop spings on ebay we warn everybody on rps about them, there garbage. I would not even suggest the Chassis Tech beams toanybody other than the fact they are the only company that makes them. I have a set on my X I have been wanted to sell so I can put a M2 front clip on it so my wheels will clear better layin rockers and frame :)

what i wanna do, is lower the front and back 2 inches, i have basic tools, pretty good knowledge of whats what, im good at workin, i tought myself brakes, so im sure i could do it, as long as i have the tools,

Hey guys, im gonna have 1500$ in the next few weeks lol, and I want to buy a nice set of 18s or 20s, and i would like to lower my ex a few inches...

what do i need?

my uncle was telling me just cut a coil or 2 off the springs and thats it, is there any other way?

anyone know of any tuts? couldnt rlly find any

can't really comment on the lowering question ( but imho i would not drop a 4x4 :rolleyes:...thats like looking at those jeeps wranglers people have done ...just don't look right or even function right) anyways ,

about wheels , if your thinking about going up to something like a 20' wheel i hope you got enough money to spend on upgradeing your brake system .

anytime you go increase the over-all diameter / rolling mass of the truck and you'll find out that the brakes can't handle the extra load ...then there is abs system concerns.

Dont lower you 4x4 if you go to sell it you won't even get what its worth since it is 4x4 capable vehicle. even if 4x4 does not work, the person that buys it from you might want to put in the new module, switch, or transfer case motor which would fix your 4x4. general rule of wrist... 2wd drop it. 4wd jack it up. simple as that.

: )

Dont lower you 4x4 if you go to sell it you won't even get what its worth since it is 4x4 capable vehicle. even if 4x4 does not work, the person that buys it from you might want to put in the new module, switch, or transfer case motor which would fix your 4x4. general rule of wrist... 2wd drop it. 4wd jack it up. simple as that.

: )

lol yeah, but im not like most of the guys on here, jacking it up 15" with huge tires and all that, i cant afford that, it would be pretty badass though,

but i just decided im gonna sell it, its starting to be a little problem child, i wanna get rid of it before something big goes wrong lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol yeah, but im not like most of the guys on here, jacking it up 15" with huge tires and all that, i cant afford that, it would be pretty badass though,

but i just decided im gonna sell it, its starting to be a little problem child, i wanna get rid of it before something big goes wrong lol

It doesn't cost all that much to jack them up, if you look for deals. I've got a $100 3" body lift, a $50 Skyjacker front 5.5" lift kit from a junkyard, and a $40 SOA for total of 8.5" lift. I bet you could have lifted yours however much you wanted for the difference between the cost of those 20's and the cost of a set of 15" crager soft 8's.

Back