New Wheels & Tires (Zinik/Yokohama) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Wheels & Tires (Zinik/Yokohama)

Ordered a tire/wheel combo on Tirerack.com earlier this week and received them today.... Fitting them on my Explorer on Saturday...Will be replacing the factory tires/wheels @ 50,000 miles....

20" Zinik Z26 Vieri (Black w/ Chrome Inserts) & Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires (255/50/R20)

Zinik.jpg

They'll be going on this Ex:

SIDE.jpg

I'm nervous they won't fit correctly but Tirerack was confident they would based on their recommendations....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I'm also in MoCo (Germantown). Where are yoU!?

Well you definately have my attention. Can't wait to see the after picture.

What is the width of the wheel and what is the offset?

Hey I'm also in MoCo (Germantown). Where are yoU!?

I don't live in Maryland anymore I just haven't updated my profile.... I lived in Germantown...

Well the wheels & tires are on my truck and they look fantastic... Really changes the overall appearance of the vehicle.... I took some excellent pictures with my roommate's camera but he's not home to tell me where the cable is so I can upload them to my computer... So I'm waiting on that....

For the record this is the first time I've ever purchased tires/wheels before.... Fun experience...

Those look great!

How rough is the ride now going from the 17's to the 20's?

Those look great!

How rough is the ride now going from the 17's to the 20's?

To be honest I always listen to my stereo when I drive so I don't notice ride volume very much... Hard for me to gauge between what it was and what it is now.... I would say it feels a bit quieter when traveling locally (0-40 mph), I have noticed it's a little louder traveling on the highway but my music is usually up pretty loud so it's kind of a non-factor for me.....

When I first saw your rim selection I was like "meh" but when I saw them on your Explorer I was shocked. They really enhanced the look of your ride. Very nice selection!!! and a stunning Explorer, I hope you're enjoying it:)

When I first saw your rim selection I was like "meh" but when I saw them on your Explorer I was shocked. They really enhanced the look of your ride. Very nice selection!!! and a stunning Explorer, I hope you're enjoying it:)

Thanks... They have given me a new appreciation from my truck... It's nice to have added something that really personalizes the vehicle and sets it apart from other factory Explorers on the road.... For the record this was my first ever tire/wheel upgrade and I was a bit reluctant to drop the money on it but after the fact I was quite pleased that I did...

Looks good man. Not tacky like some rims and not too flashy either, just enough :)

Those look great. Would you ever consider painting your silver trim black? I'm not talking rattle can or roll-on bedliner, but actually having it professionaly done. I think it would look really good.

ANHEDONIC im looking to buy the Yokohama's u have on your Ex. What do you think of them since you had them installed? ride, handling (dry/wet/snow), tread life........

Thx

Back