new to the forum tell me what u think | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new to the forum tell me what u think

bagged98sport

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
hello iam new here and i thought i would say hello. i have a 98 explorer sport and i was doing the fuel pump today after it sitting for over a year. here are a few crappy pic's.

122708104.jpg

122708105.jpg

122708110.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iam having a couple problems that i thought you guys would be able to help with. first off the front dosent hold air well and by that i mean after about a couple hours the front goes down then like overnight the back goes down. and i have a 5 gallon tank and 2 pumps and it takes so long for the bags to fill up, should i look into a second tank or better compressor?i will get the size of the pumps tomorrow.

yea let us know what compressors you are running I can help you figure out a better fill time. The leaking could be a couple problems the fittings are not sealed correctly or if your tank pressure drops the valves will backfeed into the tank, best bet is to install some check valves after the tank and before your fill valve if your tank leaks.

Oh yea and welcome to the forums! nice to see more bagged explorers popping up!

Nice ride

Every time I see bagged Explorers I am amazed by how low these members take them. Even though I don't care for the look, I can appreciate the work that people put into them to make them what they are...

thanks for the help guys how much are check valves?and how many do you need for the system?i will go look at my explorer and get the model numbers of the pumps and take some more pic and see what you guys think here are a couple crappy pics that i took from my cell phone

122708113.jpg

122708107.jpg

122708106.jpg

122708111.jpg

122708115.jpg

the compressors could deff. account for the slow fill time! i would recomend trying out a set of viair 380's or 480s. also i agree with slammedx, check valves are a great and wise investment. i have them on both my trucks. i've ran viairs for the past 4 years and i love em. well worth the money.

welcome to the forums!

yea, you can run another compressor as long as you have an unused port on your tank.

would i have to upgrade the wiring or am i better off getting a better set of compressors?how hard is it to just add a 3rd compressor?thanks

Couldnt the leakage or w/e be from the bags too?

Couldnt the leakage or w/e be from the bags too?

yea your right i will check the bags also with some soap and water, but it just fills up slow as hell like over 5 mins and when its all the way down it takes more then one time of hitting the fill switch to pop it up. also how do you deal w/ the bumpy ride in the front?can you just install some shoucks and make it a smother ride? thanks for the help

i'd probably just buy a dual pack of compressors and redo all the wireing to be honest. better safe than sorry.

i'd probably just buy a dual pack of compressors and redo all the wireing to be honest. better safe than sorry.

ok sounds good what would you think the best bang for the buck is?and yes i still have the back seats and it looks good just a little bit of hacking, it has tubs in the rear. i will take some pic's later on today thanks everyone for the help

on my explorer i have two viair 480s and i love them, they are a little on the expensive side but worth it. on my sonoma i have two 380s and they are just a good, little slower on the fill time but great never the less.

either is a great choice. its up to you. i wanna see your back seat too!!!

yea your right i will check the bags also with some soap and water, but it just fills up slow as hell like over 5 mins and when its all the way down it takes more then one time of hitting the fill switch to pop it up. also how do you deal w/ the bumpy ride in the front?can you just install some shoucks and make it a smother ride? thanks for the help

Well besides the compressors that could be it too...your filling them up, and some of the airs going right back out lol, but im not a bag or front end expert, im pretty sure you cant make it any smoother, like they say... "Beauty is pain" LOL

nice x u got there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got some pics today, sorry for the mess in the back thats from me doing the fuel pump.

122708126.jpg

122708125.jpg

122708131.jpg

122708128.jpg

Back