Wiper Blades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiper Blades

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Isn't that the size? last week when I bought mine I looked at the book at the parts store and it lists 22 for explorer, I got 21's cause they had them with 20% off :p:

I tried Teflon coated blades in the past. I experienced chatter more often that with just regular refills. The major problem I had was that they never wiped as well as the regular refills. It was like using worn out blades, as in the haze left after the wipe.

really? it was much better for me....maybe my blades were just so bad, anything helped

Isn't that the size? last week when I bought mine I looked at the book at the parts store and it lists 22 for explorer, I got 21's cause they had them with 20% off :p:

No, stock is 18".

I went to target yesterday, they had 18" for 1st and 2nd gen, 22" for 3rd gen
The other place I went to only showed 22" for explorer, I bought Michelins, they had 20% off that week, and they were out of 22's so I got the 21's intead
we only get rain for like 3 months a year, so these should last me for the rest of the year LOL

Stock were 18" as Al said. I run 20s on mine.

As for blade selection, I'm extremely picky... I've had the same set of SilBlades on my Explorer now since 2001. The frames are pretty rusty, but they've endured the scorching 110+ temps and the sub-zero temps here in the motor city without an issue. They're close to out-living the truck!

-Joe

Picked up a pair of Bosch Icons from Advance Auto Parts yesterday. I went with 20" driver side and 18" passenger side. They cost $19 for the 20in and $17 for the 18in. But you also get a free Skil Power Wrench by mail.

blades

I run RainX brand wiper blades.

Interesting about the 18" which is what I run. I'll try the 22 on the driver side and 18 on pax and see if that helps.

They're great. It rains near daily for 7 months out of the year in Portland. We also get snow and hail flurries in the winter, which beats them up though. I change wipers every spring. Used Rainex brand for the last 2 years and have been happy.

whats so special about the bosch blades?

IIRC, the Bosch Icons are also a silicone edge. They'll hold up 100x better than any rubber blade for $7.99.

Back