July 10-12 Camp n' Crawl in Big Bear | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

July 10-12 Camp n' Crawl in Big Bear

I'm planning to get up there 3 or so in the afternoon on Friday, I have space #7 but i'm sharing with RangerX.
As for the campfires, i'll call tomorrow and see what the situation is. The fire danger changes from week to week and even day to day.

Everybody good on directions? I'll put them in the first post, you can punch in Crab Flats campground on Google maps too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good news...there are no restrictions on campfires currently so we are good to go:thumbsup:

What's the verdict for Saturdays run?: John Bull via Gold Mtn.
or
Dishpan Springs/White Mtn.

Looks like my plans will be something like this. Friday afternoon...leave here. Probably arrive early to late evening there in Big Bear. Got reservations for space 9. I'll be there Sat and sun to wheel. Been to Big Bear many times but never been wheeling there. So wherever we're going I'm game. Its just going to be me coming, so if anyone needs a spot to pitch a tent or wants to ride along, the're more than welcomed to. Can't wait to go. Should be great time.

Lets rock'n roll, not sure who's riding shotgun yet though. Should I meet ya'll at Gold Mtn. or somewhere else?

I'll be coming up Sat morning.

I don't care what we run, but I do like John Bull.

Bring wood! Tom Davis will not be there with a trailerload to save us!

;)

Lets rock'n roll, not sure who's riding shotgun yet though. Should I meet ya'll at Gold Mtn. or somewhere else?

Looks like everyone is good with running Gold mtn./John Bull on Sat.:thumbsup:

So, let's meet at the Discovery Center parking lot say 9:30ish.
It's on the north side of Big Bear lake on Hwy 18 just past the town of Fawnskin, entrance will be on your left.

Crap, can't go!
I told my cowboy buddy I would help him with a load of horses and a stock sale on Saturday.

Bring wood! Tom Davis will not be there with a trailerload to save us!

;)

That's cause I have his trailer:p: and as soon as things pan out we'll be burning the wood from it.!:D

sweeet! my and justin will probably head up late afternoon friday.

4runner on 31's should be doable. last time i went through that trail a samuri made it on like 30's with a good deal of spotting.

Guess it doesn't pay for me to come up there if no one's getting there till late friday and i have to leave by 12 or 1 on saturday.

I've done Gold Mtn. a mess of times. I'm look'n forward to John Bull.

Just one rig for r.j. No 4runner

My friend Tim with his TJ is a go for Saturday's run. Looks like we're meeting just Tim and CLINTIRD at the Discovery Center @ 9:30;)

a351fan, you in for this run? Haven't heard anything from you since your last post.

I'm in, I'll meet you there at 9:30 if I can find the place. I'll be at the campground spc 9 so maybe if your there I'll follow you. Oh, and I got a new warn hub DB1 with your name on it from Steve.

Sorry work you know. I will be up there but the people that I am going with decided to do Heartbreak ridge, since it is next to our camp. So thanks for the offer I would love to do John Bull, fun trail, but I have not done Heartbreak. I hope next time.

I'm in, I'll meet you there at 9:30 if I can find the place. I'll be at the campground spc 9 so maybe if your there I'll follow you. Oh, and I got a new warn hub DB1 with your name on it from Steve.

There will be about 3-5 trucks at the campsite tomorrow night, so we'll all just head over there together. :thumbsup:

Hi Guy's. I can't go cause I'm swamped with grandkids. 15,13,11 and 3 yrs. old. I'm trying to teach them how to surf. Been going to the beach almost every day. Besides it's cheaper than going to amusement parks.:D

Have fun, I really miss not going. Be safe and post lots of pics. Maybe we can get something going in Aug.

Tom

What time do you guys figure to leave the campground to go to the Discovery Center? Cuz google says 57 minutes driving time from camp to Fawnskin, and the center is another 10 miles maybe?
I'm trying to figure what time to leave home, to get to camp to drop gear, and head over with you guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't think it would take that long but it's probably right. Fawnskin to Discovery Center is only a couple miles and around another 5 mi. to the Gold mtn. trail head.
We can always push the time up to 10am if need be.

Back