Mutineer's SAS thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mutineer's SAS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have a link and price on that bumper in Pa? thts nice and if its the ight price maybe easier than building somthing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you have a link and price on that bumper in Pa? thts nice and if its the ight price maybe easier than building somthing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270427893844

I found it on Ebay, there are several different listings for it.

I was thinking the same thing, I could just get one that is almost exactly what I wanted and not have to build it myself (in some cases thats good and some cases thats bad...lol).

I just hope they're still available in December when I get back.

Pottsy on here has a WIY bumper for 2nd gens that he recently came out with.

OK heres the Bumper Im getting for Christmas :D

132.JPG

82.JPG

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=249008

Pottsy might just have a rear bumper to match by then too!

That would rock!

I like it, might look a little better if it wrapped around a little. Alot more clearance though!

well with my frame shortened like it is (about 3 in) it will set up under the grille alittle more, but if that gets in the way of the winch Ill be rebuilding the frame.

Youre right about the clearance though... I think itll work great. :thumbsup:

I agree. And It still looks awesome as well as your monster!! I was so stoked about fitting 33x12.50's til I see Ex's like yours ( I mean Mountaineer)....

I agree. And It still looks awesome as well as your monster!! I was so stoked about fitting 33x12.50's til I see Ex's like yours ( I mean Mountaineer)....

Thanks brother.

I think the weight of the bumper and the winch will bring the front down a bit too... see it all fits the plan, if I build it where I want it and then put stuff on, it'll be to low :D

33X12.50 aint nothing to sneeze at, I ran them for years and was totally happy with them.

Nice! I've been wondering what a boxed front bumper like that would look like on a truck with fiberglass fenders.

It'll be January before I can get it, but as soon as I do I'll get some pics on here...

i dont love the look of that bbp one .. maybe its just the angle or something but i think it looks kind of out of place in its design.
The sides are not long enough on the wrap around and from the front it just looks awkward. Maybe it looks and works better in person but i guess ill wait and see..
plus $399 for a weld it yourself kit that is that basic seems a little steep!

Im back and on the lookout for some driveshafts.

Driving the beast to work, its OK except the lack of PS... PSC will eventually help me out with that but for now I have the old "Strong Arm" system. :D

i dont love the look of that bbp one .. maybe its just the angle or something but i think it looks kind of out of place in its design.
The sides are not long enough on the wrap around and from the front it just looks awkward. Maybe it looks and works better in person but i guess ill wait and see..
plus $399 for a weld it yourself kit that is that basic seems a little steep!

I agree, it would need to go back alittle more on the sides and not stick out so far....

Looks like the bumper is on hold for now anyway, I will be mocking up my own version with wood over the holidays and might begin fabbing it up soon... we'll see...DRF

Gutted

No Guts, No Glory... at least for now... :D

I just got through removing all the BS electronics and all non-essential wiring from the chassis. Nothing but required lights and engine essentials.

Wow. theres all kinds of room in those wire protectors now!!!

Just put the dash back in and decided to call it a night, so I thought I'd throw a few pics up.

Enjoy!
DRF

Attachments

• IMG00149.jpg
    IMG00149.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG00147.jpg
    IMG00147.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG00143.jpg
    IMG00143.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG00142.jpg
    IMG00142.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 764

Well the SAS is done, so Im going to kill this thread. I am doing the Cage now, and the transfer case swap soon (over the holidays) so if youre following this jsut look for a few new threads.

Thanks Yall! :salute:

DRF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back