Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yes the bumpers are made out of 95% 1.75"x.120 wall DOM tubing. The other 5% is 1.5"; two brace tubes for the rear trailer hitch.

I made some headway on the bedcage today, I'll go run and grab the camera from the shop.

Alllrighty then. Here are the hoops.
P8090001.jpg

Gettin the angle of the dangle...
P8090002.jpg

First hoop mocked up...
P8090005.jpg

I'm pushing hard to have this baby wrapped up by this weekend. Ideally by Thursday so I can go crabbing!!:p:

Crabs are fun and tasty!:D

Got the shock tabs on today and welded up the bedcage. Tomorrow will get the bumps in and hopefully the limits too. Lastly I will add some cross-tubes between the hoops with some dimple dies of course :)
P8110003.jpg

Alright I think I've inhaled enough gnarly fumes for the day, here are the pics! I don't think the bump cans are going anywhere anytime soon:D
P8120004.jpg

Made some striker pads outta 1/4"
P8120010.jpg

Tomorrow I will get the limits on and get her aligned. Hopefully after that finish up the bedcage and paint er up.

Got the bedcage done tonight and those alignment cams thrown on. Tomorrow will be attempt #2 to get her aligned haha. Will also get the shocks/bumps charged, then we will search for the first jump:D

Here are a couple pics of the bedcage before paint (and shocks)
P8140001.jpg

13 dimple dies take a while:D
P8140002.jpg

Got a new tank for the shop grill and a designated grill ***** to make me burgers while I work:cool:
P8140008.jpg

Hopefully there will be some action pics tomorrow!

Man that is awesome....

how long did it take you to do the dies?

wow what a great build!
i Wish i could jump my explorer haha

Man that thing is looking awesome!!!! looking forward to the finished pics!

Man that thing is looking awesome!!!! looking forward to the finished pics!

me too, flame grilled burgers are the best, He's running the flames a little high though.

Pics of the burgers!

Haha I will try to get some pics of the burgers!! But only when I make them, he tends to burn them:frustrate:

Here are some "finished" pics for y'all. He is still going to put some new tires/wheels on and as you guys know our rigs are never finished! The bumpstops and rear shocks weren't charged with nitrogen so we couldn't hit anything too hard so we just went out and made sure everything was good to go. (and got some wierd looks at the local offroading area!!)
P8150007.jpg

P8160009.jpg

P8160010.jpg

P8160011.jpg

P8160013.jpg

Burns- It probably took an hour or so to fashion up that plate, then weld. The holesawing and layout takes the longest. It would be nice to have a CNC setup!

Josh s. man nice job on that ranger it really came out sweet!!!:cool:

that is some pretty sweet flex on a ifs ranger.

They wouldn't happen to have part numbers on those upper balljoints would they?

Back