Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
My explorer is ready, but I'm still getting myself and supplies ready.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wrenching and doing last minute things all day tomorrow. Need to sit back for a bit and stare at the interior space of the EX, and figure out how, and where everything is going to fit!..lol
9 days of camping, 6 days of wheeling, and 2 different climates to pack for=lots of junk in the trunk!

2 more days to go for us! On the final stretch!

Oil's changed, truck's washed...

Truck 90% packed, need to pack clothes and CDs.

Tomorrow afternoon, ROAD TRIP!

i finally got my truck back tonight, but there's no way i can be ready in few day's. plus i never made any RSVP'S for any where to stay, sometimes family
suck's :mad: and i know the truck will need a good run down after my cousin had it for 2 week's. oh well i guess i'll go atlanta, Ga. this week-end or week and pick-up my eb 9in and dana 44 with 4.10's for $250.00 if he get's them out of the bronco :D:D

i finally got my truck back tonight, but there's no way i can be ready in few day's. plus i never made any RSVP'S for any where to stay, sometimes family
suck's :mad: and i know the truck will need a good run down after my cousin had it for 2 week's. oh well i guess i'll go atlanta, Ga. this week-end or week and pick-up my eb 9in and dana 44 with 4.10's for $250.00 if he get's them out of the bronco :D:D

We aren't pulling out of here until Thursday evening--think you can make that?

Took my explorer out last night at about 10:30 hit my trails and couple frame twisters performed well, at work now, gonna look it over good tonight make sure everything still holding up. I can definatley feel the weight differance vs my Bronco 2. A little disappointed.

I'm heading out shortly.

I'll have limited access to the forum (depending if the motel has internet or not) so if anyone needs to get in touch with me, call my mobile.

See everyone in a couple of days!

We aren't pulling out of here until Thursday evening--think you can make that?

i don't know 6 days would be pushing it :D
I got away from my fathers way of thinking a few years ago, of never having any thing that you can't walk away from in 30 seconds. but let me see what i can do.
i know that i have to service the truck
get all my straps, chains, highlift, snow chains, spare tire changed over. get all my spare shafts and wheel bearings in there boxes. get my tools box set
still need to remove the body lift, then get my self ready.
and get a new c/b as i sent mine back down to my father to be worked on the r/f gain had to be all most maxed out to pick any body up. and that is my short list

U-can do it 88, If you have the desire you can make it happen.

New leafs are on! Love it!

Need to fix the broken wheel liner, grease it up still, fix the drivers lights from a short somewhere, and clean it up real good.

About 50% packed. should be done in a few hours.
No room for a large cooler:(

I know I am gonna forget something! I just know it!

8 more mins of work, o time is going so slooow
Heading out Monday morning at 7am

ok i checked the truck over, serviced it, rebuilt my high-lift, dug out my spare
i'll strip down the old dana 28 and leave the spindle, bearings, rotor, and locking-hub all as one, pull the axel shafts out. so there are front drive line parts for spares. i already built a new front drive shaft out of the back shaft of the B-2
so i have slip shafts at the x-case and half way up the drive shaft. i have to check my a/c i have a service port leaking, low side i think. and my list keep's getting longer :p:

ok i checked the truck over, serviced it, rebuilt my high-lift, dug out my spare
i'll strip down the old dana 28 and leave the spindle, bearings, rotor, and locking-hub all as one, pull the axel shafts out. so there are front drive line parts for spares. i already built a new front drive shaft out of the back shaft of the B-2
so i have slip shafts at the x-case and half way up the drive shaft. i have to check my a/c i have a service port leaking, low side i think. and my list keep's getting longer :p:

Umm, OK, does this mean your going to this trip? Are you letting us know because your going to get your rig ready for this?

OK,
coilover conversion went pretty well, Thanks to DkChrist and Techieman33 helping out. :thumbsup:
I made a set of gussets, and will be having them welded in first thing tomorrow morning. I think we are on schedule.

Umm, OK, does this mean your going to this trip? Are you letting us know because your going to get your rig ready for this?

i'm trying to see if i can get ready, but have to get every thing ready and done. I NEED OUT OF THIS HOUSE been stuck here for 3 months. that's why i wanted to go to atlanta, ga to pick up my eb axles. i would say the truck is ready to go, i just need to get my stuff packed and ready. i checked
last night on-line at koa and they only had 2 sites open, so i need to reserve
1 or split one with some body. one was at the far end of the camp ground by the pond and the other was who knows where, i better call and see what's avil. near the group
and if i do make it i will have an empty seat. will know for sure monday

Well I'm finishing the loading, boarding up the house, re-assuring the pet I will be back someday, and printing some maps out. Heading out in little bit. Going to split my trip in half. Be in CO tomorrow evening.
Meet you in KS Uncle Mike!

See you guys out there!

I was going to fix my inner axle seal problem yesterday, and when I was under the truck I saw that there is NO way to get the case spreader on the axle with it in the truck. So it will not get changed. Must not be leaking to bad as there was alot of oil that came out when I took the cover off. Plus it wont see any high speeds in 4x4, so it should be good.

Changing the oil today and new shocks in the rear and then trying to figure out where in the heck I am going to put everything.

I am a little scared because I dont have a bunch spare parts though.. My new inner axles are superior chromo with CTM u-joints so I am hoping after spending that kind of money for them I should be good.

I also am short my spare tire so I will be tracking down a wheel on Monday AM, and will just have to pull a 12-14hr drive marathon.

rsvp's made koa #46, if i can't get every thing done it will only cost me 20 bucks. but keep the site open for some else. so if you need to split a camp site let me know. i'll be flying solo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are loaded, and ready to head out in the morning.
-Chad give me a call this evening or early 6am on my cell, i should have rim/tire i can bring, its 15x10 with 33.12.50 bogger, big ford 5lug. also may have steel 15x8 or 10 wheel with no tire on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back