Return from the Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Pics, Video and Reports | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from the Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Pics, Video and Reports

made it home, but talk about traffic. The best part was seeing an absolute mint condition model T drive up Monarch Pass (albeit at about 15mph). I'll get some pictures up here tomorrow. Thanks to Brian for taking the time to organize things, and great wheeling with yall :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who has the black Explorer?

This one is gmanpaint
m_DSC07548.jpg

And this one is bronco2guy
100_2203.jpg

Yeah, bronco2guy.. :cool: Looking for the build thread now.

I had a blast with you nuts!!! I am now looking for a base rig, giving myself 2 years to do the project. Even tho I am familiar with stock vehicle items, I am not familiar with non-stock off roading items, so excuse any question I ask on the forums which might seem simple. Looking forward to being with explorer runs again!

UncleMike-sounds like good plan, I would recommend you search for Gen 1, 2 or 4dr explorer that has a 5spd, and go from there.

I made it home. It was a great time running with you guys again and meeting some new people. I can't wait till next year. pics coming soon

Sheri and I are still in Buena Vista Colorado, trying our hand out at real exploring today.

Against advice we are going to try to run Tincup and Tamichi, then Mosquito pass possibly tomorrow. We ran into a sport trac owner with a body lift and 33's, from KC, and by golly if they are going so are we!!

Internet is spotty here, back in a bit. We are staying at the Mountain view motel, BTW

UncleMike-sounds like good plan, I would recommend you search for Gen 1, 2 or 4dr explorer that has a 5spd, and go from there.

Thanks Bronco2, first simple or dumb question (even tho the only dumb question is the one not asked) what is the differance between a gen 1 and 2?

Big differances is Looks, interior looks, IFS front using torsion bars, less likley to find a 5spd,disk rear brakes on the gen 2s not gen 1.

Sheri and I are still in Buena Vista Colorado, trying our hand out at real exploring today.

Against advice we are going to try to run Tincup and Tamichi, then Mosquito pass possibly tomorrow. We ran into a sport trac owner with a body lift and 33's, from KC, and by golly if they are going so are we!!

Internet is spotty here, back in a bit. We are staying at the Mountain view motel, BTW

Great area. I did Mosquito, and Tincup, along with Red Cone, Middle and North Fork Swan, Georgia, Slaughterhouse and Saints John in August. Looks like I will meet some friends in St. Elmo and camp on Tincup Pass road Friday. We plan to do Minners Loop-Tincup, Cumberland, and Hancock pass's. Maybe Mary Murphy and Pomeroy Lakes or something else. Let me know how the trials are. They were not bad in August. If your still in the area on Friday maybe we could wheel a bit.

Just got home at 4:30 pm. Wow! What a long drive home that was! The rains and the fact we drove for 14 hrs made us stop for the night in KS. Took another 8 hrs to get home. Have a 6:30 appointment tonight, so will post up some stuff later on.

WOOT! That was a great vacation! I wanna do it again!

Steve made it home as well, thanks to Phillip & Steve for wagon training it all the way home!

We lost Jon & Sheri along the way somewhere in CO, we went right, they went straight. Crazy kids.

...I like that first pic of Black Bear Rd...Although nobody has commented their thoughts on that section of the road yet, I think the picture speaks for itself...:D

That was an awesome view of Telluride. Crazy thing is that is halfway down the Mountain right there. Switchbacks were a lot of fun, I want to try it backwards at night.....NOT!!

Thanks again Brian for doing a great job of leading us through these trails.....terrific job!

...IIRC, they do actually, for one day a year, run that trail from the bottom up...:scratch:...I think it's some HEEP run that does it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back