• Register Today It's free!

4 Line Cluster

bill32399

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Explorer PIU
Has anyone tried to change their 2 line cluster to a 4 line cluster?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better don‘t try that.
I've read that even the change of a 4 line cluster to another 4 line cluster makes problems, if they don't have exactly the same part number.

Well my truck is a 2 line display. I got the buttons for the center console and it was pre-wired for them so they plugged right in. I installed the 4 line cluster and several things happened. First it showed the milage of the original vehicle. Then my truck would not start and the security light was flashing rapidly. The buttons did work though. I am guessing that there is some PATS stuff in the cluster. I am guessing that a reprogram would be in order so it shows the correct milage if I could get it to work.

Well my truck is a 2 line display. I got the buttons for the center console and it was pre-wired for them so they plugged right in. I installed the 4 line cluster and several things happened. First it showed the milage of the original vehicle. Then my truck would not start and the security light was flashing rapidly. The buttons did work though. I am guessing that there is some PATS stuff in the cluster. I am guessing that a reprogram would be in order so it shows the correct milage if I could get it to work.

Did you figure out the issues with the new cluster?

Kinda, I read on another thread that you have to goto the dealership and have them download the info on your old display and then upload it to the new one. I also read there was some VATS info stored in it also. So I am sure for a nominal price :) they would do that for us.

It's a direct plug in but the PATS system is stored in the cluster. The mileage is stored as well but you can have that reprogrammed for the correct mileage.

Yea thats kinda what I gathered. I hear $100 for the reprogram. Of course you have to make sure you have the 3 buttons for the center console also. That was prewired.

Back