• Register Today It's free!

KOEO test results

Currency

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
ok first and foremost I would like to thank everyone who has written anything about pulling these codes on a first gen explorer.

Doonze, Shorty and BrooklynBay. If you wrote one and your name is not here, I am sorry as I never seen it. PM me and I'll add your name if it would make you feel better :p: lol

Here is what I have after running the KOEO test. The pictures did help Doonze thanks again :)

157, 172, 176 and 332.

(R,M)
Mass Air Flow signal is/was low or grounded - MAF

(R,M)
Oxygen sensor not switching - system is or was lean - Single, Right or Rear HO2S - Fuel control

(M)
Oxygen sensor not switching - system is or was lean Left or Front HO2S - Fuel control

(R,M)
EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittently - EVR or PFE

I will unhook the battery for a period of 30 minutes or maybe longer to clear the codes and retest to be certain.

From what I am ready I should. Replace my mass air flow sensor, May as well replace all oxygen sensors and EGR valve?

Please correct me if I am wrong, Tell me if I am right also :)

Thanks for any and all help guys. It really helps a lot and brings order to this chaos :D

Also I wanted to know if these things can cause bad gas mileage because I may be able to get 225 miles from full to E :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok first and foremost I would like to thank everyone who has written anything about pulling these codes on a first gen explorer.

Doonze, Shorty and BrooklynBay. If you wrote one and your name is not here, I am sorry as I never seen it. PM me and I'll add your name if it would make you feel better :p: lol

Here is what I have after running the KOEO test. The pictures did help Doonze thanks again :)

157, 172, 176 and 332.

(R,M)
Mass Air Flow signal is/was low or grounded - MAF

(R,M)
Oxygen sensor not switching - system is or was lean - Single, Right or Rear HO2S - Fuel control

(M)
Oxygen sensor not switching - system is or was lean Left or Front HO2S - Fuel control

(R,M)
EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittently - EVR or PFE

I will unhook the battery for a period of 30 minutes or maybe longer to clear the codes and retest to be certain.

From what I am ready I should. Replace my mass air flow sensor, May as well replace all oxygen sensors and EGR valve?

Please correct me if I am wrong, Tell me if I am right also :)

Thanks for any and all help guys. It really helps a lot and brings order to this chaos :D

Also I wanted to know if these things can cause bad gas mileage because I may be able to get 225 miles from full to E :(

Recently I was getting 157, AND 176. I was also getting 158 (MAF HIGH) The 157, and 158 was fixed by getting a new MAF.

The 176 was fixed for some time by putting my exhaust back together, it had fallen out of the tail pipe, and kept doing so for awhile. In the end it started coming back, but just at speeds above 55. When I got my exhaust fixed with a new muffler and everything, if still came on at speed above 55. I took the problem one out, and was going to switch it with the one NOT giving me problems, but I couldn't get the "good" one out for the life of me. Put the "bad" on back on.....and haven't had a CEL since......

But your getting in on BOTH your O2's, I'd say I'm about 90% sure they BOTH won't go bad at once....so you have SOMETHING making your truck run lean.

The way O2's and engine control works is this.... The O2's don't keep your fuel control right dead center, instead the fuel control swings the mixture back and forth across the lean/rich line. For example on a O2 .45 volts is "perfect" however your truck doesn't just peg the fuel mixture at .45, it swings it back an forth between lets say .35 and .55 volts...just up and down, up and down.

Now what your PCM is trying to say is that your's are not swinging "switching" but staying lean ALL the time...in other words staying on the same side of .45 volts.

A MAF could cause this I suppose. But this code isn't trying to tell you your O2's are bad, they are trying to tell you something is wrong with the fuel mixture. I'd start with the MAF, have you cleaned it???

Since all of those codes claim to only be KOER/CM codes, can I assume it passed the KOEO test?

SOP is to resolve KOEO codes first, then resolve KOER codes, then clear CM (as you've done) and see which codes come back. If assume that your truck passed the KOEO test, I'd suggest running the KOER test to see what you get.

Since all of those codes claim to only be KOER/CM codes, can I assume it passed the KOEO test?

SOP is to resolve KOEO codes first, then resolve KOER codes, then clear CM (as you've done) and see which codes come back. If assume that your truck passed the KOEO test, I'd suggest running the KOER test to see what you get.

I only done the test with the with the key on and engine not running. as for the mass air flow it appears to be clean, But I will try cleaning it tomorrow if I get the chance.

As for the exhaust, That was one thing the last owner replaced before I got my hands on it. It's still clean looking with no rust anywhere. The weld looks pretty good also, She had it replaced up to the converters. From there on up it's still stock to my knowledge. I plan on getting aftermarket headers and flowmaster series 50 dual exhaust but that may change later on.

I've also not reset it yet, after posting this info I had to run to my aunts to fix or at least check out her computer that's messing up, HDD is going out I believe :(

I'll clear them later tonight and take it for a spin, The check engine light always comes on with 1-3 minutes of leaving the house. But won't come on until I am driving it, I let it warm up for about five to ten minutes today before I left.

Update, I believe I may be forced to replace either the connectors to the battery or both lines completely. They are bent pretty bad and it is making it near impossible to remove either battery post connector to reset the computer :(

Back