My NEW 2004 Jet Black Mach 1 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My NEW 2004 Jet Black Mach 1

Just thought I'd update with a new pix and the current mod list. Changed wheels again. Went with 17 x 9 and 17 x 10.5 FR-500's wrapped in Sumitomo 275/40-17's on the front and 315/35-17's on the rear.

P6010078.jpg

Mods to the car are:
BEL-985 Radar/Laser Detector (ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!:D)
C&L CAI/MAF
Borla Stinger Cat Back Exhaust
Bassani Catted X-Pipe
Meziere Electric Water Pump
FRPP Aluminum Flywheel
Cobra Clutch
RWTD Tune
FR-500 Rims
Sumitomo Tires
NGK Iridium Plugs
PHP Intake Spacer
PCV Oil Separator
MGW Mach 1 Shift Knob
Sequential Taillights
Raised Shaker
Cobrajet Emblems
Clear Foglights
Smoked Light Covers

I like the new wheels much better than the last set. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aaaannnddd...I've changed my mind on the wheels one more time..Now back to stock wheels but with Bridgestone Potenza RE-760's on it. 245's on the front and 275's on the rear.

BTW, the Sumitomo's I put on last time....sucked for traction. Tires were cheap, and for a reason. Even with 315's, I couldn't hook the car worth squat. Spun all the way through 2nd and would walk sideways in 3rd.

mach_1_a.jpg

mach_1_b.jpg

Does the mach fit thru that bridge?

Does the mach fit thru that bridge?

Yep..that's the bridge back up behind my house. Heck, the F-150 fits through it, and all the lifted Explorers I've messed with/worked on/owned fit through it..

Didn't recognize the bridge.. Been too long.. lol or old age is finally hitting me

Sweet car, looks better with the stock wheels

Well, it was new tire time for the Mach 1. My Bridgestones were getting a little too thin to pass inspection this year so I decided to fully use them up before replacement.

Out with the old...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=727489107273348&l=5089439238128389638 (video of the destruction)

DSC_00322.jpg

DSC_00456.jpg

DSC_00504.jpg

In with the new:

DSC_00515.jpg

New tires are BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2's. I would have gone back to the Potenza's but I couldn't pass up the deal on the BFG's. $562 out the door plus a $50 rebate on top of that..

Sweet ride ! Wanna race?

Attachments

• 0520111907c0.jpg
    0520111907c0.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 450

Lmao. It belongs to my buddy till someone buys it, and no it won't handle road course anymore but it takes a lot to get around him in a straight line, I thought you would like it

Didn't you do the same with your last set of tires? Do you have a shot from last time to compare to? :D :burnout:

Back