Truckhaven Potluck Oct. 24th | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Potluck Oct. 24th

It's out past palm springs by the Salton Sea, From fresno its about 380 miles, its about 6 hours from you...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know where to fine some gooood Carne Asada:D Also suprisingly Costco has pretty good stuff, but thats not my sorce;)

There is a Mexican Market over in Pasadena that has the best carne asada i have ever had, been going there for years...

There is a Mexican Market over in Pasadena that has the best carne asada i have ever had, been going there for years...

Would'nt happen to be called the Argentina Market now would it ?;)

Ok, I felt like a total stranger here. Where in CA is this going to take place? Is it close to where I am????

Just west of the salton sea (look for Salton City, Ca on the map). Your not that far away.. Your about 20 miles farther away than I am.. and I'm heading out...

~Mark

I know where to fine some gooood Carne Asada:D Also suprisingly Costco has pretty good stuff, but thats not my sorce;)

Costco's carne is good quality, I get theirs once and awhile but the local mexican market seasons their meat (if you want them to) and it's pretty tasty...ask Colin:p:

There is a small market not far from where camp will be that has a meat dept. and also has tortillas and whatever else you might need in case you don't want to stop on your way out.

Char's down for her Kugle.

guess I'll bring some fresh bell peppers and onions and do them up to go with the carne asada

As a matter of fact it is! You know the place?

Of course i was born and raised in Pasadena Ca ;) and lived a couple blocks north of the place.

Damn now i want a Burrito :(

Of course i was born and raised in Pasadena Ca ;) and lived a couple blocks north of the place.

Damn now i want a Burrito :(

That's crazy my house is about 2 blocks east of it, by phs... Best meat ever....

Costco is actually where i was planning on going to get it. Where do you get yours, some place local to you?

This place in Glendora that my sister introdused to me. She actually has me bring her some when ever we go to see here in Idaho.

I will bring my table along. We will need a few more if anyone else has any. I was at Costco yesterday and I looked at there precooked rib's. Not bad, so I will get few of though's and chicken. I'll just stay at camp in the afternoon and cook on Sat. while the rest of the group is out rideing.

I'll bring another side dish and a special dessert.

I can bring stuff to make a good bean dip. ;) Is someone bringing a generator/ will there be a source for power??

Hope you guys don't mind tri-tip steak instead of carne asada. Reason is i bought way too much a couple days ago when i had guests over, so i want to use it. It is good meat though, so it wont disappoint. Will the meat be ok in just a cooler till saturday night?

Hope you guys don't mind tri-tip steak instead of carne asada. Reason is i bought way too much a couple days ago when i had guests over, so i want to use it. It is good meat though, so it wont disappoint. Will the meat be ok in just a cooler till saturday night?

Freeze it till you leave then toss it in an ice chest with some ice and it should be good to go. That is what I do when I bring steaks out to camp.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a table I'll bring. Glad to see you're going Paul B.

Back