Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING MOAB '09 RUN

The Moab Blm has implemented several new regulations regarding "organized" events in the area. In order to hold an "organized" event you have to apply for a permit, get insurance, collect money for every persons on every trail, etc... It all adds up to big money. To prevent us from having to make our annual trek to Moab a money pit for everyone involved we can no longer consider this an "open invitation" event.

The 2010 EF Moab run will be limited to the first 25 vehicles registered. Only EF members and their immediate families are invited to come. If your buddy wants to join you, he's more than welcome to come to Moab, he just can not "participate" in our run. The same can be said for anyone here that wants to come and doesn't make it in under the cut off number. We can't stop you from enjoying your vacation in Moab, we just can't "include" you in the event.

If you are serious about attending get your spot early, if you are thinking about going, post up. I will keep an updated list of who has confirmed and who is on the possible list. Once the 25 spots are filled we can no longer accept any more. If you are on the list and have to cancel please PM mrboyle as soon as possible, so the next person in line can be given the opportunity to come.

One final rule we must follow: since this is going to be a "non-organized" gathering of friends and family there will be no discussion as to the agenda prior to the run. We will still have a group dinner Saturday night at the Branding Iron at 7pm (bring cash for your dinners) but other than that all runs will be decided at City Market the morning of the run.

Please follow the rules posted above! If you have questions about the quoted definitions, PM me.

Now that that is out of the way let's carry on with our regularly scheduled event:

MOAB 2010 EF RUN, May 22-23

Confirmed attendees:
1. Diff Whack Daddy(1) Canyonlands(pullthru)
2. jrgaylor (2) Canyonlands(fullpull)
3. Alibino 94LTD (2) Canyonlands
4. J**p Gary(1) Canyonlands(tent)
5. Unclemike Unable to attend
6. Painter Ken(1) Canyonlands(pullthru)
7. Paul (1) Canyonlands(tent)
8. chad551 (1) Canyonlands(tent) UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
9. 67truckguy (0 for din) ???
10. james t (2+1kid) Canyonlands(tent)
11. Rick & Char(2) Canyonlands(fullpull)
12. 410Fortune (+1.5)
13. justsomeguy (2) Canyonlands(tent)
14. Heath (2) Canyonlands(Cabin)
15. MoabB2 (2+2kids) Canyonlands(Tent)
16. FAKRWEE (2) Canyonlands(fullpull)
17. Ralph(1) Canyonlands(fullpull)
18. hvac man (0) Moab Valley Inn
19. KirbyN(3) Desert
20. KirbyN buddy Phil (1) Desert

Maybes:
mrboyle(1) Canyonlands(tent)
nssj2
ProjevtAviator (+1)
tdavis Canyonlands Broken clavicle/business trip
67truckguy (+1)
gmanpaint (+1) Canyonlands NEEDS A TRANNY
offroader 69 me AWESOME economy

I will update as people confirm. Please also let me know if you are planning to attend the group dinner and how many are in your party.

Radio frequencies:
Once in town, these will be our frequencies. If you can tolerate it, we suggest you do not squelch your CB in order to maximize reception.
CB: channel 1
2M Ham: 146.520 Simplex

Lodging and Moab Information: Support this site by linking through the main page "Explorer Bookstore" to 4x4 books and/or Amazon.com and purchase Charles Wells "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". It is an absolutely invaluable resource for the trip and a "must-buy".
http://www.moab-utah.com/
http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

TRAIL RATINGS (Moab trails are rated thusly; example trails within category are listed with each rating)
1 All weather road; 4WD not needed. (Sand Flats Road)
1.5 Graded road; 4WD may be needed in poor weather. (Onion Creek)
2 Unimproved or rarely graded road. 4WD or extra clearance needed at times, with no special driving skills required. (Chicken Corners)
2.5 Road rarely maintained, 4WD, good clearance, low gears (4LO) often needed, with some extra care and a bit of driving experience useful. (Gemini Bridges, Secret Spire)
3 Road in difficult terrain, rarely maintained, 4WD, good clearance and low gears essential, with some driving skill and daring required. (Top of the World)
3.5 Road in difficult terrain, probably maintained only by occasional users. Excellent stock truck or utility vehicle required, with considerable driving skill and daring needed. (Steelbender, Elephant Hill, Fins & Things)
4 Trail either never bladed or badly eroded. Stock vehicles are in jeopardy (read: be prepared to accept body damage). Modifications for improved off-road performance and top driving skills needed. (Metal Masher, Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge)
4+ Trails reserved for those not much concerned with vehicle durability or personal safety. It is common to have 10% or more of the vehicles experience major mechanical failures on these trails. (Golden Spike, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim)
5 Relatively new category reserved for only the most extreme of trails. Don?t even think of running one without a winch, 35? tires, lots of lift, both axles locked, and willing to take major body damage. (Pritchett Canyon)

EXPLORER VEHICLE CATEGORIES
Stock: self explanatory, 4wd with low range - up to 3 rated trails
SuperStock: 1.5" lift; 31" tires, skidplates, LSD (limited slip differential) in rear - up to 3+ rated trails
Modified: 2.5" lift, 32" tires, LSD front and rear OR one locker - up to 4 rated trails
Big Dawg: 4" lift, 33" tires, LSD in one axle AND one locker in the other - 4+ rated trails
Extreme: 5.5+ lift, 35" tires, both axles locked, winch, willing to take major body damage - bring it awn, any trail

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put me down for 2

in rollin' solo :cool:

Damn it, I'm going this year!!!Posted via Mobile Device

I will be there this weekend and week prior with my Jeepers, including former expert Kampy. We'll run our own gig but stop in to say hello. It'll be less busy as it's the weekend before Memorial Day weekend so it's a great choice. I will throw it out there that Moab Rim Campground is an excellent place to stay. We'll be there and a party will ensue every night!

put me down for a maybe, i''ll know more as the day gets closer

Hmm, If i can switch work schedule around, I might be in?? But also without the Explorer?? If that doesnt bother anyone.
Also if I come would be hauling out a B2 also, that is wide axle swaped, atlas eqiped and locked.

Hmm, If i can switch work schedule around, I might be in?? But also without the Explorer?? If that doesnt bother anyone.
Also if I come would be hauling out a B2 also, that is wide axle swaped, atlas eqiped and locked.

I stuck you in the maybe's. We are not Explorer only type of crowd, so the BII more than welcome.

Put me down as signed up +2
I will haul my RZR s and Brothers Bronco 2 out, and leave Jeep at home, will just ride in the B2

Put me down as signed up +2
I will haul my RZR s and Brothers Bronco 2 out, and leave Jeep at home, will just ride in the B2

I will have to take the week off due to my new employers vacation policy, so i will likely be there Wed 19 and maybe leaving Tues 25. And I plan on doing some trails on a RZR, either mine (if i get it in time) or a rental:D:thumbsup:

Cool Chad- get an S model

I plan on leaving MO, Sat night May 15th, then trying to arrive Sunday evening May 16th, stay all week and leave Sat May 22nd afternoon/evening. I want plenty of time to do some wheeling and not feel rushed. Also see some other sites/things

So you will need RZR for at least 1-2 full days.

Also likley camping at Canyonlands.

Cool Chad- get an S model

I plan on leaving MO, Sat night May 15th, then trying to arrive Sunday evening May 16th, stay all week and leave Sat May 22nd afternoon/evening. I want plenty of time to do some wheeling and not feel rushed. Also see some other sites/things

So you will need RZR for at least 1-2 full days.

Also likley camping at Canyonlands.

Leaving on the first day of the meet? Wha?

Well we usually have a good group for Fri and a little more show up for Sat. And then most either leave on Sunday or are packing to leave.

I will either stay through the weekend or arrive early and then leave Sunday. But however I decide, it will be for at least 5 days. I enjoy driving out there, but to drive 1300 miles and wheel for 2 days and then drive home is not worth it for me anymore.

Plus Brad had to go and get me all hopped up on RZR's so I am def driving that for a day or two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Kev, put me down as a maybe. If I retire on April first 2010 I'm in for sure. If I don't I'll have to work that weekend. I have to ask My cousin Ralph if he's going regardless. He was planning to tow his jeep with his MH all the way from Florida. I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back