Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welp a day and a dollar short but finally got the F-150 coil spacers installed tonight :D

DCFC0179.JPG

Although while in the process of doing this I came across this when I had to remove the passenger side Caliper in order to get the Beam to drop enough to get the Spacer in on that side.

DCFC0184.JPG

let just say those were replaced in short order :D

Next up Time to get some Radius Arms in this truck.:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

and then i found this..........
DCFC0177.jpg

it been doing this for awhile but did not realize how bad it was getting. It actually wearing a groove in the axle.:( Now to figure out what to do about it.

grind out the hole. enlarge the window. the opening the axle goes through. take a cut off wheel to it and trim it back and down. its something you gotta do if your getting good travel out of a ttb :thumbsup:

hmmm good excuse to break out the Cordless grinder i just bought last night too :D

I'd eyeball a few things and maybe even measure your wheelbase on both sides. It shouldn't be rubbing that high up on the window. It's making me think you may have a bent beam or bracket

I clearanced mine at the bottom inner corner and was good to go. you can see a faint outline on my axle and that was it.

IMG_6836.jpg

So a question about your powertank:

How does the co2 do when running in your tires

Not really sure about that i just got the Tank filled yesterday and got the Regulator for it. But I did test it yesterday on the Van Tires. And ran around town for a bit and did not noticed any difference.

Might wanna ask Stic-o or DB1(the previous owner of my Tank) or maybe they will chime in here about the effects if any.

I'd eyeball a few things and maybe even measure your wheelbase on both sides. It shouldn't be rubbing that high up on the window. It's making me think you may have a bent beam or bracket

I clearanced mine at the bottom inner corner and was good to go. you can see a faint outline on my axle and that was it.

i doubt cyber has anything broken or bent. good idea to look though. danny your kit probably deasont rub as much cause its a very well thought out "kit", cyber just has a drop bracket kit which i think would cause more rubbing. and i think autofab already clearances the houseing a little bit.

So what regulator did you go with?

C02 acts just like regular compressed air in tires. One nice thing about a C02 set-up is that it fills your tires really fast.
As much as I wanted to keep the Powertank, is was not cost effective for me to have it. The only place that can fill it was a half hour away and had to be dropped off so that's 2 round trips I had to make. On top of that, they raised their rates to fill tanks.

Anyways, i'm glad the PT went to a good home just remember to charge people 5 bucks to air up their tires at the end of a run:p:

I went with a Uni-Weld CO2 Regulator they had at the Airgas store for 66.00 it's adjustable to 120psi and is working perfectly. And they filled the tank for 13.00. Just had to buy a coupler and a 90 degree fitting for the Regulator. Hooked up a Impact Gun to it today and changed a tire on my Van and it worked great. Definitely Liking this Powertank :D

OMG what a weekend right now i am in the process of installing the Reworked Superlift Extended RA's on the X. Man this was a bigger job than i anticipated. Progress is slow at best working with what i have.

got one side done and a couple hours in the AM and i should have the other side done too.

so far with the one side done it's looking like a picked up a couple inches in the lift dept. SInce not only am i installing the Arms but also installing new springs too :D along with the F-150 Spacers that i previously put in. might need to drop the axle pivots into the 5.5 inch holes now to get the camber somewhat corrected as it sits now.

Photos and such tommorrow ;)

So are you gonna be close to 10 inches of lift now? With the springs, spacers, and body lift? That's not even including the 35s! That's waaay too tall IMO, don't want to see you roll.

there is no differance. I've used it to put added air in the 150 and the trailer.

The one thing that sucks about the PT is the tank changes size. When you put in it's mount at room temp it fits, and then you use it and the tank gets super cold. When you go to put it back in the mount it dosn't fit anymore. The tank has gotten smaller. It really a pain, because it will keep falling out of the mount until it reaches room temp again.:rolleyes:

So are you gonna be close to 10 inches of lift now? With the springs, spacers, and body lift? That's not even including the 35s! That's waaay too tall IMO, don't want to see you roll.

yeah getting close there thinking right now right around 8ish inches accounting for everything.

MIght need a little extra boost in the out back also ;) think the SOA is coming soon.

Got both Arms on the truck now. Right now i am figuring out the Shock mountings on the Arms since nothing came with them for that.

Now that everything is done. Here are the long awaited pics :D

11 Something PM Sunday night and one side Almost done.:rolleyes:
DCFC0211.JPG

Working on the Driver Side Monday Morning;)
DCFC0220.JPG

Alittle Redneck engineering to get the Nut on the Radius Arm
DCFC0223.JPG

The ever growing pile o parts:D
DCFC0218.JPG

With both arms done and shocks installed tried to drive it and had alittle problem
DCFC0230.JPG

Yeah just bit too much lift in the Front So i ended up dumping the Coil Spacers and had to drop the Axle Pivots into the lower holes to get the Camber somewhat back to sanity.

Other than that everything came out great and i am stoked that i got these on the truck. Was getting a little tired of looking at these things laying around in the Van :rolleyes:

oh yea the passenger side axle looks better these days too.
DCFC0226.jpg

but not by much tho i think.:dunno:

One Week later or so.......

Radius Arms are doing good in there new home.:D

But the New Pro Comp Coil Springs are stiff like the previous Owner said or may i just need to get used to them. :dunno:

damn i wanna wheel this thing now.:(

And found out i need to redo the shock mounts tho not liking the way i have them now. Need to figure out a better mouse trap for them. :scratch:

Hmmm did not realized how much has changed on my truck in 2 years

Update first Post ;)

Hmmm forgot to post this the other day,

I was in a local burger joint eating and there 3 younger guys in there eating they finish and leave as there crossing the parking lot they see my X and could not stop checking it out:D

Spy Photo :thumbsup:
IMG00031.jpg

think that Ranger was only a 2wd :rangertan:

Hmmm forgot to post this the other day,

I was in a local burger joint eating and there 3 younger guys in there eating they finish and leave as there crossing the parking lot they see my X and could not stop checking it out:D

If I seen a lifted ex round here I'd be checkin it out too :thumbsup: I mean after all they do look better than a lifted Heep! :D

Back