• Register Today It's free!

1995 Explorer Service manual

stephan325i

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Bronco II, 2.8, 5spd
I just did a 4.0 swap into my BII but i need to find a service manual for the explorer so i can sort out wiring problems. Does anyone know what is the best one or best place to get one? any help would be greatly appreciated. For pictures of the swap go to my BII thread.

I need the service manual to have pictures/drawings of the plugs, wire colors, circiut numbers and what color wire goes to what in the truck. i got rid of all the body wiring besides the dome light, speakers, and rear signals. but i do not know which wires to use. oh and i also need to know which wires to use for the door switch to turn on the light when i open the door.

here is one im looking at. im not sure if it will have what i need. any oppinions?
Shop manual from ebay.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP need to get one of these soon. please help.

I have a similar manual for 1996 and 1999 Ford vehicles, not from the same seller, but still good resources. Most of the info was perfect. The ones I got were $9.95 though. They covered all model-year specific Ford vehicles, may look around a bit...

There used to be an online source (library) that had the haynes manuals online, but the links I had don't work there anymore unless someone knows of a good source.

Not sure if you knew, but ALL car manufactures in the U.S. are required by the government to give out all the info about their cars like wiring diagrams, diagnostics, TSB's, part numbers, EVERYTHING. But this info isn't free, you usually pay by the day, like Ford info is $19.99 for 24 hour access to all the info you want on any vehicle (you can even print anything you want to, heck you can print everything!). Also, government doesn't set a price, it just says to offer the info at a reasonable rate. Hyundai and Kia info is free, but on the other hand expensive cars like Porsche are around $800 a day and more. Ford, GM, Chrysler are $20.

For Ford info, got to this: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=&gutsid=

You can also go to Alldata, but they are really expensive and they show the same exact info as the Ford website does (sometimes less, all the info on Alldata is bought directly from Ford). So you can either try finding a service manual or go online and have instant access and print all you need to. Hope this helps

if you are fast... lots of ebay cds on now

www.helminc.com for a Ford Workshop Manual

although possibly a bit overkill for your needs... they may have others (I know I got good sized electrical-only from them for my Bronco 2)

P1000795.jpg

the top 2 red ones being the Explorer. $80 for like 1000 pages of Explorer good-ness.

Maybe this 1995 Explorer Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

Back