3rd gen pic's | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No, the only thing I photoshopped was the color of the trim, I had to fill the recessed area that the emblem was in with fiberglass body filler and have the panel repainted. The wheels are actually 20" 2010 Lincoln MKX wheels. As far as I know the only Explorer wheels that look similar are the 6-spoke 18s on the 4th gens.

nicce, looks good like that. the shaved emblem came out sick. but yeah my body shops around here wont do it they keep making up excuses, but im still hoping to make that one of the last things i do to my truck cuz it was one of the first things i wanted gone when i got it and before im completely broke off it haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just realized that my springs are belltech springs! The dude I bought them from was really shady about them. I just looked up what the springs for my explorer look like and mine are satin silver just like belltechs. No wonder why it sits low.

no i wish. heres an ex that has them.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1047763
Cool. But to be honest, your explorer looks as low as this explorer. (it might be a tad bit higher in the rear, but I like how it looks)

I cant tell the difference really.

And I cant get past the idea of lowering the front end 2" and rear 2.5", wtf? who would want their rear end to sit lower? But it doesnt appear that it is lower in the back in those pics though

Cool. But to be honest, your explorer looks as low as this explorer. (it might be a tad bit higher in the rear, but I like how it looks)

I cant tell the difference really.

And I cant get past the idea of lowering the front end 2" and rear 2.5", wtf? who would want their rear end to sit lower? But it doesnt appear that it is lower in the back in those pics though

The reason for lowering the rear more would be to level the Ex out instead of having a rake like they currently do(rear is higher than the front).

The reason for lowering the rear more would be to level the Ex out instead of having a rake like they currently do(rear is higher than the front).

yeah i love how the front sits the back is just a pain and i dont want to add more weight because my truck will just struggle driving and gas mileage will be terrible. ill figure something out.

yeah i love how the front sits the back is just a pain and i dont want to add more weight because my truck will just struggle driving and gas mileage will be terrible. ill figure something out.

Interesting. I hope my Ground Force springs will let my expo sit evenly.

My only concern is that GF might not give me enough drop, but I am hoping that it will.

Wont find out for another month or so :( College sucks :p

Interesting. I hope my Ground Force springs will let my expo sit evenly.

My only concern is that GF might not give me enough drop, but I am hoping that it will.

Wont find out for another month or so :( College sucks :p

yeah well i have ground force springs 1.6 drop so just look at mine and thats how yours will sit. the back is a little higher but i dont have my subs or third row in its just my false floor so im just gonna put my subs and third row back in and see what happens.

Take a look.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3044424

sorry i thought you had eibachs. confusion on my part.

I got a subwoofer box and false floor in the back so I am positive it is going to be ok.

btw, I would much rather my rear end to be higher than having the front end higher than the rear tho.

sorry i thought you had eibachs. confusion on my part.

I got a subwoofer box and false floor in the back so I am positive it is going to be ok.

btw, I would much rather my rear end to be higher than having the front end higher than the rear tho.

yeah true. but yeah as for ground force, they are pretty good. they ride a little bumpy but thats a given with aftermarket suspension.

yeah true. but yeah as for ground force, they are pretty good. they ride a little bumpy but thats a given with aftermarket suspension.

yeah, I was told by few other members running GF springs that ride could be a bit rough. I will see and feel it for myself. Then maybe hopefully there is something that we could add to improve the ride.

lowered guys, I am curious which camber kit are you guys running on?

I know plenty of people that are running on some cheap shims that were only thing available back then. But now there is a proper kit made for explorers by ingalls part #86140 and 86160; those are what I am going to get.

I am curious if any one of you got those parts as well and if you guys installed them yourself or had the shop do it?

lowered guys, I am curious which camber kit are you guys running on?

I know plenty of people that are running on some cheap shims that were only thing available back then. But now there is a proper kit made for explorers by ingalls part #86140 and 86160; those are what I am going to get.

I am curious if any one of you got those parts as well and if you guys installed them yourself or had the shop do it?

i was going to get them but my wheels stick out so much that if i fixed my camber, my wheels wouldnt tuck at all. the front tucks because my suspension is awesome in the front but i need to figure something out for the back. as for installing them, you could definitely do it, just look up how to do it or once you get the kit, there shouldnt be step by step instructions.

i was going to get them but my wheels stick out so much that if i fixed my camber, my wheels wouldnt tuck at all. the front tucks because my suspension is awesome in the front but i need to figure something out for the back. as for installing them, you could definitely do it, just look up how to do it or once you get the kit, there shouldnt be step by step instructions.

So you got no camber kit on your x? you r crazy lol. unless you dont mind shelling out for new tires soon ha

So you got no camber kit on your x? you r crazy lol. unless you dont mind shelling out for new tires soon ha

hahaha yeaahh mines baaad too. if you watch my video on my cardomain you will see it. my tires havent done anything yet but im sure ill need some by next year. ill rotate them everyone once in a while and see.
www.cardomain.com/ride/3044424

yeah well i have ground force springs 1.6 drop so just look at mine and thats how yours will sit. the back is a little higher but i dont have my subs or third row in its just my false floor so im just gonna put my subs and third row back in and see what happens.

Take a look.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3044424

Dude your ex is sick bro! Murdered out is sweet!

camber kti

I have no camber kit either. It can actually be adjusted out the only problem is that you cant torque it down enough to keep it in. I am just gonna buy the camber kits front and rear to keep from having to realling every few months. you have to remove the upper control arm flat washers with tabs and get flat washers. The back you simply flip the flat plates with the hooks around. there is enough adjustment on them. My ex sits level with the belltechs. Its a big difference from stock. Its way more than 2 up front and 2.5 out back. I love the stance it has and it handles like a bmw.

I have no camber kit either. It can actually be adjusted out the only problem is that you cant torque it down enough to keep it in. I am just gonna buy the camber kits front and rear to keep from having to realling every few months. you have to remove the upper control arm flat washers with tabs and get flat washers. The back you simply flip the flat plates with the hooks around. there is enough adjustment on them. My ex sits level with the belltechs. Its a big difference from stock. Its way more than 2 up front and 2.5 out back. I love the stance it has and it handles like a bmw.

thats sweet, i wish i had gotten the belltechs in the first place but i was like nahhh. but thanks for the comment man, appreciate it.

You just need to buy part #86140 and 86180, they will do the job.

I am kind of amazed that you guys arent running on cambers. thats pretty bad idea imo. but as long as you plan on getting them eventually i guess.

seeing all these awesome 3rd gens makes me want to trade my sport in for one!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone know anything about shaved handles on 02-05's? just did it on my 66 tbird and i was thinking about doin it to the ex as well

Back