bigger tires

caveman215

Reaction score
City, State
Green Bay, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XL
can i put 32" tires on a stock 96 explorer or do i need to get a lift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can but you're going to need to break out the sawzall....I'd do a tt and shackle to provide a little more room but your still won't have much flex room.

fo real bro! theres a ton a threads about this on here.. search alittle!

fo real bro! theres a ton a threads about this on here.. search alittle!

hey man do you have any updated pictures of your truck? last i saw you on here, you were preparing for the coilover swap.

hey man do you have any updated pictures of your truck? last i saw you on here, you were preparing for the coilover swap.

I think I have some, I'll have to dig... The coilovers are on and it drives great.. while I was doing the swap I regeared the axles with 4.56's and did a 4406 swap with a front locker as well. It did great in the snow!

can i put 32" tires on a stock 96 explorer or do i need to get a lift

I had 32x10.5's on my explorer stock. Youll have to trim the bumper maybe a 1/5 inch and if you have plastic tupperware across the bottom youll want to remove the piece that connects to the fender. After that I was good to go and was fine.
After a 2.5"tt , AAL and war153s I have more then enough room for flex turning ect. I could do 33's with out a problem now.

Put them on only way to tell .

You could probably stick a couple washers on to push the bumper out instead of having to trim the bumper.

Back