• Register Today It's free!

Cheap truck build up!!!

Reaction score
City, State
The great white north (B.C)
Year, Model & Trim Level
BroncoII 88 4x4
Hello to all.
I picked up my 1988 BII for free.Had no money and it wasn't worth much at the time.It was said the truck had overheating issues w oil in the coolant.A 2.9 a4ld combo white 4x4 w 3.73's no options just bone stock.I painted the black stripe on the bottom to hide the typical rust.It turns out every week i have to fix something LOL,but i love my BII!

The second pic I've painted it as you can tell.Spray canned the whole thing in my garage.The paint job was enamel but there was little pin prickes of rust poking through on all the pannels,i wanted to seal the paint to prevent more rust.I think i might sand it down this year and paint a different scheme.I have put in the explorer springs and shocks in the rear different mags,bucket seats.Due to a leaky firewall i yanked the carpet.LOL

In just the past two months i have put in a healthy 2.9(i got a smokin deal on it)the original finally packed it in.Within weeks of the doing the swap the auto tranny calfed on me as well. so in went an m5od.Almost three years now and im just reaching $2000 invested.I have the d35 for the front and hope to install that with an 8.8 rear this summer.More pics to come.

I have had loads of issues in this thing as it sat for three years parked.
Electrical fires and old parts just giving out.
If you got any questions i'll be glad to help if i can.
Have a good one!
R

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 893
  • truck 5.jpg
    truck 5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 891

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that things sweet man. yur not the only one with small stupid problems. i swear the my 94 x has a mind of its own sometimes. same lil problems as you.

oh yeah ...i like those delco remy paint schemes ....i ve had a 1980 ford f 100 stepside and it had the dark base like your black and white boardered pin then a thicker one and then your 2nd tone looks real close to what u got...

Hello to all.
It turns out every week i have to fix something LOL,but i love my BII!

Congratulations You Now The Official Owner of a BII :rolleyes:!

so wheres the old 2.9?

Thanks,ya i think im gonna remove the stripes and stretch the blue strip as well.
the rust is pokining through the wheel wells so some rust repair n bondo will be coming soon lol.

Hey future,where else would the old 2.9 be still sitting in the garage!Ha Ha ha!
It turns out i have to get the standard tranny style ecu so i can pass aircare, and the front right u joint is howling.So we know what im doing this weekend!
But i love my BII and it's paid for!LOL
Thanks for the great input guys.

Thanks,ya i think im gonna remove the stripes and stretch the blue strip as well.
the rust is pokining through the wheel wells so some rust repair n bondo will be coming soon lol.

Hey future,where else would the old 2.9 be still sitting in the garage!Ha Ha ha!
It turns out i have to get the standard tranny style ecu so i can pass aircare, and the front right u joint is howling.So we know what im doing this weekend!
But i love my BII and it's paid for!LOL
Thanks for the great input guys.

is the old 2.9 still complete? and would u be willing to part out, i could think of a comple things i'd like to grab if u r

If you actually drive all the way up here from SF to B.C. Canada ill give you the old motor complete!

Also new here. Just got an 85 B2 for a retirement project. It has
65K miles on it. Original owner stored it for a while, and the second
owner put a plow on it 2 years ago. I bought it complete with an
overheating issue. Just getting started with the search. I suspect
something related to the red liquid on the floor of my shop. ha.

Advice welcome. Oh, and hello everyone !

Greybeard

nice paint looks good new here i got 87 bronco 2 wiith a 5 speed
working project

Back