• Register Today It's free!

manual hubs

kidd13

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94
i have read a lot on switching to manual hubs and im confused. so if i wanted to switch to manual hubs on my 94 elx what parts would i need to get? then is there anything speacial that i have to do to the axils or the transfer case?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothing Special to do to the T Case.
Basically you are taking off the Auto Hub, then taking off the 'special' hardware that it uses, the same hardware that also serves to hold the Rotor assembly in place.

Then you buy the "spindle nut kit" to replace the "Special" hardware. Drop the Manual Hubs on and you are done.

Have you ever had the Rotor off your 'X'? If you have, you already went through the process. The only difference is, you use this new Hardware.

This post will help you see the Hub (Rotor) Assembly removal.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122696

If you P.M. your e-mail address, I have some pics of the hardware swap.

You will need to borrow. buy this socket for the new hardware http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/tool.html

its honestly one of those things that once you see it in front of you it makes sense

its honestly one of those things that once you see it in front of you it makes sense

That's very true.

I got my manual hubs and hardware from the local u-pull. The manual hubs were a little hard to come by, but the hardware was still on at least 75% of the donors there...I doubt a u-pull would even charge you for the hardware.

That's very true.

I got my manual hubs and hardware from the local u-pull. The manual hubs were a little hard to come by, but the hardware was still on at least 75% of the donors there...I doubt a u-pull would even charge you for the hardware.

what type of truck could i pull them off of

I installed Warn manual hubs. Kit came with all the needed hardware.

what type of truck could i pull them off of

off any dana 35 ttb BII, Ranger, and of course explorer. but like geoph said, they are pretty hard to come by in the salvage yard.

I know that the 91-94 Explorer's and the 90-97 Ranger's are suitable donors. I don't know what years of BII's had a Dana 35. Hope this helps...

Back