Return from Moab 2010 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Moab 2010

My camera died on the 2nd day so i didnt get very many pics. I saved the hi-res versions so if you see something you like i can email them
moab4.jpg
moab5.jpg
moab6.jpg
moab7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pic#1- "Just floor it"

"Um, i think i popped an inner bead."

"..... and? Floor it anyway."
moab12.jpg
moab13.jpg
moab14.jpg
moab15.jpg

#3- Good ole morning meetings at City Market.

"Excuse me ma'am, can i fill this route 44 cup with coffee?"
moab16.jpg
moab17.jpg
moab3.jpg

th_GaryonRockerKnockerinMoab.jpg

th_JamesonRockerKnockerinMoab.jpg

th_JamesinPritchettCanyon.jpg

th_JamesonRockPile.jpg

th_KeninPritchettCanyon.jpg

Here's a few more. . .

Can't wait to get back. . .
DSC01940.JPG
DSC01959.JPG
DSC01972.JPG
DSC02026.JPG

Aw man, for the first time I'm sad I moved from out West, but with my wedding next saturday there wasn't a chance I could be there. James- glad to see you made the trip, I know you said a year ago you would be there no matter what. Albino- seeing that limited wheeling brings a tear to my eye thinking about my old truck. Good to see everyone else out there having fun. I see the "frequent stops" magnet I got off the mail truck at the junkyard was making it's way around on various pics LOL.

I think Paul earned the stop sign for the whole year.
day 1 - serpentine belt
day 2 - Atlas shift linkeage
day 3 - U joint
day 5 or 6 Atlas mounting bolts
Posted via Mobile Device

I think Paul earned the stop sign for the whole year.
day 1 - serpentine belt
day 2 - Atlas shift linkeage
day 3 - U joint
day 5 or 6 Atlas mounting bolts
Posted via Mobile Device

Sonar concurs

Sonar concurs

Don't forget the slightly mangled rear drive shaft yoke. . . .:rolleyes:

And the sepentine belt was Day 0, enroute to Moab... and it made it, just didn't have much left... And it was swapped before Kevin's second pot of coffee (or in other words, 3 pots shy of heading out to the trailhead...):p:

Paul
'91 Sport

Attachments

• DSC01929.JPG
    DSC01929.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC01931.JPG
    DSC01931.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 334

:eek: you drove all the way to Moab with THAT serpentine belt?

:eek: you drove all the way to Moab with THAT serpentine belt?

Of course not, I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid. . .:crazy:

The belt was fine before leaving, and I checked it when I gave two of the other NW guys a wake-up call after 7 hours on the road... After about 14 hours felt a slight shimmy in the front end - - thought I had a hub coming loose, but didn't noticed the flayed belt until I got to Moab... A ten minute fix...

Paul
'91 Sport

FYI- After seeing it in person, Pauls truck is my favorite explorer ever. Paul if you want to trade, you just let me know.

Kirby - Thanks for the compliments - - I've only owned this thing for 17 years, haven't gotten tired of it yet... (but I did offer to trade it straight up for Moab B2's cool ass Bronco II). . . Now got the bug (finally!) to go with the SAS Dana 44 and 35's.

Okay, I know there were tons more pictures and a lot of video shot while at Moab, and we've all been back for a week or more, so plenty of time for those with the goods to edit and post.

James or others on the Escalator?

Video of Wipe-Out-Hill?

C'mon, plenty more stuff to post, right?

Paul
'91 Sport

FYI- After seeing it in person, Pauls truck is my favorite explorer ever. Paul if you want to trade, you just let me know.

Kirby, you're in line. I told Paul I wanted his Explorer eight years ago. :D

I got some video of James, Me, and Al on Escalator. I'm having a hard time uploading much video, but I'll try again to upload it to my photobucket and post a link here soon. If anyone who was there, sorry no web wheelers, wants a dvd copy of my video I took (two disks about 3 hours) send me a pm with your address and I'll send you a copy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gary, if you have some clips mail 'em to me at jamesandbrandy"at"cableone"dot"net

Ill put 'em up on youtube.

I know someone out there has pics of me and you a little off-camber on escalator.

Back