Return from Moab 2010 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Moab 2010

Gary, if you have some clips mail 'em to me at jamesandbrandy"at"cableone"dot"net

Ill put 'em up on youtube.

I know someone out there has pics of me and you a little off-camber on escalator.

I'm having a hard time uploading them on my stupid :censored: slow connection. I'll try it again tonite, but uploading one short video sometimes takes hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Favorite rigs you say?

No way i could pick. I loved both BII's even though they are different ends of the spectrum. MoabB2's is flawless and looks like it should be on the cover of a Wild Horses' catalog with the most factory looking 5liter swap ive ever seen. Joe's (jrgaylor) looks just like something id build- bare bones, stripped interior, fullwidth and swampers with everything on the truck serving a purpose.

Al (67truckguy) and Clint (hvacman) both won the "random guys in a stock looking rig that could spank everyone" award. Both are amazing drivers and both were driving wolves in sheeps clothing. No doubt Al had alot of people watching in awe on Hell's Revenge, and Clint had all of us in awe in Pritchett

DWD, painter Ken, justsomeguy and myself all had rigs built about the same. painter Ken wins the balls out award. When you risk starting a forest fire from the sparks off your rocker guards you know you're gettin it on.

Phil (albino 94LTD) and Paul both have serious built machines in the TTB realm. Paul's is so nice and spotless... while Phil's is the freakin rolling Snap-On truck. "Oh you need some heater hose? How much?" Ive never seen so many tools and spare parts crammed into the back of a 4door. BTW Phil i got you a pair of Vice Grips for your collection but you were gone before i could get them to you. PM me an address and ill mail 'em to you.

Ive got a little fiberglass whip now so next time i wont "Knight" everybody as i pass by. Sorry about all the red marks across your face and torso Kevin. :p:

Saturday I will be picking up the DVD from my friend who was taking all the pictures, if you was here with us and want a copy PM me your addy and I will send out a copy, He has been having some trouble with the video he took so I don't have any video yet.

Phil (albino 94LTD) and Paul both have serious built machines in the TTB realm. Paul's is so nice and spotless... while Phil's is the freakin rolling Snap-On truck. "Oh you need some heater hose? How much?" Ive never seen so many tools and spare parts crammed into the back of a 4door. BTW Phil i got you a pair of Vice Grips for your collection but you were gone before i could get them to you. PM me an address and ill mail 'em to you.

Well Thank You James. Kevin, Ken and I wanted to get going but Joe blasted out way before we did.

BTW, you're missing 2-1oz wheel weights from your trailer :rolleyes: (Don't know where those went, think I saw a little black & white dog chewing on them)

It turns out Moab ate one of my MT's, well actually a snow wheelin trip last winter did but Moab hurt the casing so bad that Less Schwabb in Price Utah wanted to put 30oz (yes 30oz) of weight on it to balance it.

I took it to a local LS and had them dismount it to check inside and they wouldn't put it back on, even for a spare.

Moab photos

Here are some more Moab photos. They were far to big to e-mail or post on a forum so the wife had to help me resize them down. She also let me put the photos on one of her websites so it would be easier for everyone to look and download them. So go to this site.

http://photos.pippopdragonfly.com

Ther are four folders. One for Paul, Allen, James and one with general explorer photos for everyone.

Thanks for letting a Land Cruiser guy hang out and wheel with you all.

Karl

I tried throwing a few pics up here, but they are still to big. :mad: I'll try to fix them again tommorrow.

Somebody cant drive... :rolleyes:
ba0d49bdc26e4256bf51b16ce71f7531_1600x1200.jpg

Somebody cant drive... :rolleyes:

BLAME THE SPOTTER!!!! :D j/k

Just another obstacle conquered by your bullet-proof :shoot: side glass. . .

Hell, at least now we have proof there's not a "Stars-n-Bars" across the roof with "General Lee" stenciled underneath it. . . .:p:

Paul
'91 Sport

Hell, at least now we have proof there's not a "Stars-n-Bars" across the roof with "General Lee" stenciled underneath it. . . .:p:
True, id also like to add that i did not wear overalls the entire time i was there.

True, id also like to add that i did not wear overalls the entire time i was there.

with a Joe Dirte accent

Daaaaaaannngggg! That must have been hard as hell for ya:p:

Well, i peed outside alot and got to have my rig on blocks in front of my house (tent) so that was enough to get by. :D

"Its James, with a 'Y'"

But, then again, that would look kinda cool (photoshop guru's - - need some help here) . . . The only hard part would be getting Waylon Jennings to start playing everytime you started up an obstacle. . .

Paul

Oh no, I'm responding to my own e-mails!!!!

Never trust me spotting when I have a video camera in my hand!
I had 70 spotters, i think that was the problem!

"Go driver... passenger... driverpassenger... drassenger... drassenger... DRASSENGER!!! Now passiver! PASSIVER!!!!"

Big props to Al for taking control of the situation. :D

Never trust me spotting when I have a video camera in my hand!

Hmmm, I think there is a picture somewhere on this forum of 90ranajo on his side for the exact same reason.

:(Wow, I missed all the excitement again. James, did you make that back bumper? I need one just like it.:) So how did you like Moab? I told you it was awesome.:D

:(Wow, I missed all the excitement again. James, did you make that back bumper? I need one just like it.:) So how did you like Moab? I told you it was awesome.:D
Beyond awesome. Ive been out west many times but ive never seen anything like it. Pics dont do it justice at all. Maybe Rick's pics... but none of ours. I plan on going back in 2012.

I had a back seat open for ya. We could have used your optimism in Pritchett lol.

We could have used your optimism in Pritchett lol.

Man, if that isn't the truth. I recommend we do Pritchett earlier in the trip next time so the nerves and adrenaline pumps aren't already in the reserve.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No ****. As you guys (now) know im not fond of unprotected heights... by the last day my adrenal gland was shriveled like a prune. I was scared to pull up on the trailer.

Yall aint got no trees out there!!1!

Back