Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th - | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th -

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the ratings of the various trails?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I saw all are easy bud daniel and one part of kodiak but with lockers 33s or bigger and don't mind body damage you can go every where.I have 38.5s went most places in two wheel drive or only one front wheel locked.

From what I saw all are easy bud daniel and one part of kodiak but with lockers 33s or bigger and don't mind body damage you can go every where.I have 38.5s went most places in two wheel drive or only one front wheel locked.

kodak has a bypass so you dont have to attempt it at all, last time i took the explorer i went up kodak rock and did daniel with zero body damage, the undercarriage was a dif story tho :D

lbarr & 93monster, did you see those guys in the fullsize trucks? what was that about?

Didn't see full size trucks, did come up on a stock 2010 4Runner and a stock Z71 tahoe....

What line did you take on Kodak, no offense but I wanna see some proof :). I quit trying on the hard line on kodak after slipping my ceramic clutch... I backed off and crawled the 'easy' line. I'll put up the videos.

This is the line I gave up on. I'll try it again in July.
picture.php

Poser Rock
picture.php

Since it's less than a month away now, how about everybody post what they will be driving and what kinda mods they have, esp. tire size, lockers, etc. And also what kind of spare parts you'll be bringing, tools etc. That way we can kinda anticipate what kinda groups will be going where.

And we also need to make sure we all have the necessary stuff too: fire extinquisher, first aid kit and such.

I'll be bringing my 2001 Ranger

35" tires with 4.56 gears with lockers front and rear and have a 9.5 ti Warn winch for recovery purposes!

I'm bringing 2 sets of CV axles and a spare drive shaft. My tools are kinda scarce these days so I'll have to rely on y'all for help in that area. I have 2 33 inch spares, that really do me no good and are for sale. I have to try and find some 35" spares before I go.

My rig:
'87 Samurai with full width Dana 44's, 35's, 5.89 axle gears, spooled in both ends, 4.9:1 transfer case, stock motors/trans. I carry fire extinquisher, first aid kit, decent tool box, hi-lift, straps, winch, fluids...
I carry a spare transfer case, front driveshaft, u-joints and an extra spring, other than that I haven't been collecting parts long enough for this one. Hopefully won't break axles that were made for a 4000lb truck on a 2000lb truck.

May have with me:
'92 explorer ~10" total lift, 35's, 5.13 gears welded rear locked front. Spare hubs is about it I think.

Both of us will run any trails there, but will want to hit daniel and kodak.

Hopefully will also have a 2wd sport trac towing a camper.

Josh - when are you heading up? Michael lives in Walhalla so might want to travel with you.

Is Michael a member on here? And what does he drive? Just wondering if I've seen it cause I work in Walhalla now.

91 Ford Explorer, 35's, 4.56's, arb front aussie rear, winch, straps, hi-lift, tools, fire extinguisher. Going to the junkyards to stock up one some axles and see if I can find some more spare hubs.

Havent ever been in the Explorer but IIm game for any trail. Going to try to try them all.

Is Michael a member on here? And what does he drive? Just wondering if I've seen it cause I work in Walhalla now.

He's MWHyder on here I think, and its my old green one that I took to Crozet, just bigger now...

He works at Itron now, used to work at Lowe's in Seneca.

By the way, I know a guy in Greenville that has a stack of 8.8 shafts. He works for a 4x4 shop and he's got at least 20 shafts they've replaced with chromos. I saw some 31 splines. I don't know a price, but pm me if you want me to check.

Ill be bringing my 91 Explorer with d44/4.88/open both ends/one 36 inch spare but can bring more if needed just let me know/a ok tool set/1gen code reader/sparetcase/6k winch/spare stub shafts

I would love to do a dinner on sunday night along with a night run on sunday night? Is that ok with everyone? Just something simple. Pitch in an buy some burgers/buns/chips and just have a good time/

If anyone is coming from the TN side of things I am leaving friday morning at 8AM. So if you want to drive up ill be hitting the road then.

Who's bringing grill, etc. to cook for all of us?

They have grills at the campsites so we can use one of those. There not big but if we start early we can do that. I can stand there and cook if need be.

Hey guys dont forget that if you are staying at the AROWHEAD campground you need to get your reservation done. There are not that many places left. I just got mine done now and there are a few left but that wont last long.

He's MWHyder on here I think, and its my old green one that I took to Crozet, just bigger now...

He works at Itron now, used to work at Lowe's in Seneca.

By the way, I know a guy in Greenville that has a stack of 8.8 shafts. He works for a 4x4 shop and he's got at least 20 shafts they've replaced with chromos. I saw some 31 splines. I don't know a price, but pm me if you want me to check.

I work at Itron LOL! I saw that thing the other week and was wondering who it belonged to. For some reason I was thinking that may have been who you were talking about after you said Walhalla.

I can bring a small portable grill, but it doesn't cook much lol.

Josh Adams:
Are either of those 33in spares a BFG A/T? If not I'd be willing to take the cheapest one from you when we get down there.. ;)

I'm running 33's with 4.10s and a basic set of tools, sockets, impact gun (1/4 3/8 and 1/2 set if someone needs any). I'll be sticking to the bunny slopes but would love to watch some rock climbing if there's some to catch!

I'm running 32's, 4.10 gears, L/S in each end. I do have some body damage, but am not really interested in adding to the collection.

Josh Adams:
Are either of those 33in spares a BFG A/T? If not I'd be willing to take the cheapest one from you when we get down there.. ;)

One of em is. It's a 285/75/16 and it's the spare wheel off my truck, the ugly black one. It's a BFG AT, then I have a 33x12.50x15 Maxxis buckshot Mudder on a black Rock Crawler wheel and it has about 400 miles road time on it.

Shoot me a message and we'll talk about it more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back