• Register Today It's free!

HELP college kid!!!!

D1

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLS
I have 2002 ford explorer xls. I want to repaint the trim....WHITE. How do I make it look glossy like the rest of my paint?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im assuming you have the textured plastic trim.

You can paint it but it will never be smooth without a lot and I mean a lot of work.

You can make it white though. Krylon plastic fusion paint seems to work well according to some guys that have done it here.
Clean well, mask off the trim and spray. It will be shiny like the rest of the paint, but you'll still see the texture.

It does make a world of difference too.. I say go for it!

Thnx a bunch. Know of any pics of it done anywhere with a white vehicle?

look in the 3rd gen pics thread for " ROADBULLY "

he has a white 02' XLS with white painted trim, his will give you the idea...

Thnx. Umm how do I get there. Srry, im new

thnx a lot. I think I'm gonna try it this weekend. I was wondering would it be really dumb to try it with the bumpers on???

thnx a lot. I think I'm gonna try it this weekend. I was wondering would it be really dumb to try it with the bumpers on???

For a more professional job, it all has to come off.
But on a limited budget for money or time, Id leave it all on.
Mask up the truck with a quality tape and paper.
Do a good job taping...the more time you spend taping the better the results.

Yup, do a really good job taping. It's really painstaking work, but if yu don't take your time and do a good job, you won't be happy with the end results. And I'm speaking from experience here.

Just wanted to come back and say thnx for all the help. It looks great. People think I bought a whole new truck and other people just stare confused when I'm at red lights. They can't believe it's an explorer

Just wanted to come back and say thnx for all the help. It looks great. People think I bought a whole new truck and other people just stare confused when I'm at red lights. They can't believe it's an explorer

Come on man! where's the pictures! LOL

:ttiwwp:

OVERALL LOOK
truck7.jpg

ZOOM FRONT ANGLE
truck6.jpg

BACK REAR ANGLE
truck5.jpg

FRONT ANGLE
truck2.jpg

FRONT ZOOM
Truck1.jpg