The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010

Had a good time as usual. This trip really made me miss my rig. :(

Here is my album - http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/uu26/Colin76/Truckhaven/

Here are a few teasers.

DSC_1089.jpg

DSC_1107.jpg

DSC_1115.jpg

DSC_1237.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

DSC_1211.jpg

DSC_1197.jpg

DSC_1183.jpg

DSC_1178.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had a good time as usual. This trip really made me miss my rig. :(

I know where you can get a really good deal on one that needs a little bit of work and would be perfect for you...trailer included...seller willing to finance...

I know where you can get a really good deal on one that needs a little bit of work and would be perfect for you...trailer included...seller willing to finance...

That would be awesome if froader got your rig. The driver seat seat might have to get moved a bit though.

Good Times out there:thumbsup: Wish I would have had JP out there:( Still had a good time though. I'll post up pics later.

Still waiting for the TTB pretzel pic though:D

Glad to see you guy's had a safe and great time. Looking foward to the next trip. I really need an offroad fix.

Hey Bill, good to see you could make it. I haven't seen you in awhile.

Rigs are all looking good. Amazing the changes in the last 10 years when 33's were monster tires.

Just got back. Hope everyone made it home alright.

Fun trip, not a lot of camper. But a good turn out for the day run. Nobody broke too bad and no one tolled or layed it on the side. It was cool having a sport trac in the group.

Glad everyone made it out that could, even if you didn't bring a rig it was cool to see y'all again.

Potluck had a nice amount of food for everyone there. Good burgers, chile verde w meat, brats, tamales, cake, pie, etc.

Now it's time to find a drive shaft for the toyota and a spindle for the Navajo

made it back about an hour ago.

the headwind coming back on 10 west was terrible... It felt like i was in a wind tunnel filled with molasses.... it was hard to keep it at 65. used about a 1/4 tank of gas in about 45 minutes :thumbdwn:

are we doing a return thread? looks like were just putting everything up here. ill get mine up later on

My brother-in-law and i had a great time out there this weekend, it's been a while since i've been to truckhaven. On the runs we did in the washes, he kept saying how he drives like that in video games, but didn't think people did that in real life. He definitely wants to attend more trips. Thanks again Ted for letting us ride with you and for getting us back to camp on time Saturday. Robbie, sorry we didn't get a wash run in with you, after Zombieland ended Friday night we turned around and almost everyone had disappeared to their tents, haha. You should come out to Barstow with us in 3 weeks. And it was great meeting some new people out there, i unfortunately don't think i met John Stone, but seeing your truck in action finally was cool! I'll get pics and vids up later on or tomorrow.

I had a great time this weekend. The weather was perfect and the wheelin' and company were great.:chug: Can't wait to get back out there!

BTW... Got home to another flat! As soon as I pulled in I saw that Char had a flat rear tire on her 'yota :( Went to put the temporary spare on, and it's screwed too... Missing a chunk of the tread and the carcass is visible. Two new tires are in order for the 'yota now. :banghead:

...Had a great time...

...John Stone Rock's...You guy's need to meet him and check out his ST..:salute:

...I got home around 1:30...Internet service is on the fritz so I hope to get pics up tomorrow...Had a great time and my jack got a work out on several trucks, and my truck wasn't one of them..:biggthump

...Woke up to a flat tire this am and when I got home it was 2#'s lower than the rest...Probably a valve stem...:dunno:

...Currently, we have a light rain at home and I'm hoping it will return my X form mud brown to it's normal color...:shifty_ey ..If it rains enough, I can say all that mud belongs to my neighbor...:p:

Just made it home. 9 hour drive back wasnt so bad this time. I did stop to drop off my nephew and his friend and i stopped at the truck stop outside tucson to weigh the van/trailer/x combo. With just me in it, it weighed in at 13800 lbs.

Was a great trip. Ill get pics and the other video up tomorrow.
~Mark

...Had a great time...

...John Stone Rock's...You guy's need to meet him and check out his ST..:salute:

I had a great time riding along with John. its a totally different ride with the longer wheelbase :thumbsup:

Just made it home. 9 hour drive back wasnt so bad this time. I did stop to drop off my nephew and his friend and i stopped at the truck stop outside tucson to weigh the van/trailer/x combo. With just me in it rig it weighed in at 13800 lbs.

Was a great trip. Ill get pics and the other video up tomorrow.
~Mark

good thing you've got the 460 in the van... haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm stoked for all you guys that were able to go this weekend! I wish that I could have been there! Hopefully next year I will be able to make the trip with you guys! Take it easy everyone and cheers to a weekend of good wheeling and probably some new friendships!

Back