Keeper's Explorer. Take two. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

Welcome to my new registry. This is my 2000 Explorer XLT. Bought it from the original owner for $3,400. Came with the owners manual, and the paper work to prove it's been dealer maintained. When I purchased the Ex, it had 111,000 on the odometer, a small tear in the leather of the drivers seat, some sand in the back( take it the guy was a surfer, found a few surf board fins in the jack storage area). Gonna do a alignment when I get the chance, and start transferring all my mods from my Sport into this.

As she stands when I brought her home.

101_1666.jpg

101_1667.jpg

101_1668.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1670.jpg

How she currently stands.
102_0769.jpg

04/07/11

Current Mods:

Interior:

Exterior:

Lighting:
  • Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.
  • x2 Hella 500 driving lights.
  • Fog light/ High beam mod.
  • LED Puddle lights, license plate lights.

Engine:4.0L SOHC

Suspension and Brakes

Drive Train

Projects for the future:
  • Quick disconnects for front and rear sway bar.
  • Possibly LS up front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I got some new shoes for the Ex. Ended up getting a set on Hankook's. I really wanted the BFG, but they were way out of my price range.

100_0605.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_0607.jpg

100_0608.jpg

Also got the CB put in and tuned.

100_0603.jpg

100_0604.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The CB and tires look great. How far does that CB stick out of the cubby opening? Did you have to ditch the rear air ducts to fit it?

First off...Happy Veterans Day! And Belated 235th Birthday yesterday.. Tires look good, never seen that brand before. Did you find your romp,romp,romp, nosie? Curious.

First off...Happy Veterans Day! And Belated 235th Birthday yesterday.. Tires look good, never seen that brand before. Did you find your romp,romp,romp, nosie? Curious.

I did, forgot to mention that. New tires and it's gone. The tires I bought the truck with were pitted and worn to all hell. It's amazing how much better she rides.

Thank you sir. Happy Veterans Day, and happy 235th Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you to sir. And thank you for your service. The 10th and 11th were pretty memorable, met up with a few buddies that enlisted out of my highschool together. Swapped our war stories, toasted to the memories of Marines that didn't make it back.

Those new tires are pretty awesome. I haven't had a chance to really test them out. But just hitting some dirt lots around the difference is hugely noticeable, not to mention the ride is ten fold smoother. And the strange "romping" I heard and felt is gone for good. I should be attempting the transfer of the the Rancho's soon. Hopefully that'll bring the ride quality up a bit more. While I'm under the truck I'm going to look into the mounting location for my recovery hooks.

I'm also looking into getting a set of Hella 500 to mount on the bumper to supplement my stock fogs and head lights. What kind of mount do the Hella's come with? And how hard would it be to wire the Hella's to my fogs? Or is it better to keep them on their own separate switch?

Happy Birthday to you to sir. And thank you for your service. The 10th and 11th were pretty memorable, met up with a few buddies that enlisted out of my highschool together. Swapped our war stories, toasted to the memories of Marines that didn't make it back.

Those new tires are pretty awesome. I haven't had a chance to really test them out. But just hitting some dirt lots around the difference is hugely noticeable, not to mention the ride is ten fold smoother. And the strange "romping" I heard and felt is gone for good. I should be attempting the transfer of the the Rancho's soon. Hopefully that'll bring the ride quality up a bit more. While I'm under the truck I'm going to look into the mounting location for my recovery hooks.

I'm also looking into getting a set of Hella 500 to mount on the bumper to supplement my stock fogs and head lights. What kind of mount do the Hella's come with? And how hard would it be to wire the Hella's to my fogs? Or is it better to keep them on their own separate switch?

I would wire the Hella's separately with a relay. The wiring, switch, etc. for the stock fogs is, most likely, not rated to handle the extra load from the Hella's. Keep up the good work!!

Took the Ex on her first real dirt run. I have to saw the 4x4 makes a huge difference on those hill climbs and decents. I also ran across a Jeep that was pretty well stuck. Pulled him out in a jiffy.

...Pics or it didn't happen...:D

Took the Ex on her first real dirt run. I have to saw the 4x4 makes a huge difference on those hill climbs and decents. I also ran across a Jeep that was pretty well stuck. Pulled him out in a jiffy.

I agree with Tbars4:

:ttiwwp:

I know...the camera is never available when you need it! Like the time i pulled a loaded 3 or 5 ton dump truck(I don't know which ones are which) out of my buddies neighbors yard.

I know...the camera is never available when you need it! Like the time i pulled a loaded 3 or 5 ton dump truck(I don't know which ones are which) out of my buddies neighbors yard.

Exactly I didn't even think to snap a picture with my phone until I was pulling away. And I had left my camara at home charging.

Exactly I didn't even think to snap a picture with my phone until I was pulling away. And I had left my camara at home charging.

So you say..................the fish was this big! :p:

^ lol! ^

I got half way through drilling holes for my Autovation pedals when my drill battery took a dump on me. Pictures will follow once I finished the install. I'm also going to be looking into constructing a storage box.

Back