KC area Winter trail riding anyone? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC area Winter trail riding anyone?

TekMan05

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 V8
It's been a while but I'm starting to get that itch to take My Ex off the roads again. And it usually comes around this time of the year when Snow is close. I was thinking of the idea when we get a good snow this coming season to get a meet and go trail riding somewhere out in the snowy fields of the midwest. It doesn't have to be anything serious. Obviously my suspension is still stock, so I'm not talking about crossing frozen rivers and up ice covered rocks. Just somewhere we could go to have a good time time with these Great SUVs. Anyone interested ?:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a great time to me!!!

I would be up for it but there isn't anything legal around KC, the closet park is KS rocks.

Tuttle Creek ORV is ok. Its free, there are easy trails there, and my house and garage with tools and a welder are only 20 min away if someone breaks. Or if anyone wants to crash here. I have 2 couches and plenty of floor space.

Wow, I wasn't aware there WERE trails around the KC area. I'm only an hour or two away depending on what part you're talking. If we're still here we might join up for this, I've got the itch myself, haven't hit a trail since I left MI
Like yours, our suspension(and everything else besides ignition components are stock) Really ours is a beat up old truck LOL but MY beat up old trucks work better for me than most people's brand new junk:)

I'm beggining to think your just a little bit biased toward tuttle...

Well yeah, its 20 min from my house. I can't drive too far, I don't get off work til 3 on Saturdays. Thats only like 2 hours before dark.

How about the weekend after next? New Year's Day (althought might be too hung over) or Sunday. I vote for Tuttle Creek ORV (cause I'm lazy and don't want to drive far)

im no good for that weekend already have plans but tuttle sounds like fun trip I have a bone to pick with that place

How about the weekend after next? New Year's Day (althought might be too hung over) or Sunday. I vote for Tuttle Creek ORV (cause I'm lazy and don't want to drive far)

Dang now you going to make me go fix some stuff on the Explorer (especially the heater) but I should be game by then.

im no good for that weekend already have plans but tuttle sounds like fun trip I have a bone to pick with that place

Would that be from your brake line:p:. I will eventually get that piece back to you lol.

I will eventually get that piece back to you lol.

You need to get that CV back to me, so I can get it back to Gmanpaint, lol.

Someone pick a date then, so we can get this going.

Allot of people will be at tuttle on New years day for the "Hangover run" I will probably be there. (If I get the headlights fixed)

Allot of people will be at tuttle on New years day for the "Hangover run" I will probably be there. (If I get the headlights fixed)

Hmm, well then I might have to show up out there as well

You need to get that CV back to me, so I can get it back to Gmanpaint, lol.

Someone pick a date then, so we can get this going.

:dunno: I never took a cv back with me just the one I paid you for and you were going to take one of them back to the parts store to get another one.

There is a good possibilty I will be able to make it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah, I forgot you bought that one off me, haha. Guess I don't have an excuse anymore for getting Greg his spare back.

In other news, I am definitely in for the Hangover Run on New Years Day. What time is everyone showing up/meeting for breakfast/whatever? What CB channel? Who wants to come back to my place afterwards and help me lift my heavy ass NP205 so I can put it back in the Ranger?

Back