Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 54 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only car that came out of the factory with a shaker down here finished production in 1971.

Attachments

• classics_2.jpg
    classics_2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 610
  • iii02 (Small).jpg
    iii02 (Small).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 616

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Eh..import a Mach. We have at least one Aussie Mach owner on our Mach 1 Registry.

Me back wont let me get into a mach, but when I get a V8 X I think I'll hook up a shaker as my CAI. Couple of custom brackets, some flexi hose and a bit of heat wrap....One day. (sigh)

Magic Jon, pure magic.

Jon, you continue to impress!

Amazing as usual, nice work not melting those caps too (I know they are not your first set)

some rotors

007.jpg

Here's some center caps.

009.jpg

I love all the black coated parts but I would like to know how the rotors hold up.
Every time I replace rotors its not so much because they were worn thin, its the rust that developed in the fins. I would think a nice powder coat would add more life, just wondering what type of results you have seen.

Bob

Bob-I was wondering that as well. LOTS of rust in the fins on my Pathfinder rotors. "New" remanned caliper from AutoZoner incredibly rusty, almost unbelievable after 6 months since replacing. Would only assume some powder would keep rust to minimum/doubt if it would totally eliminate with winter salt though... Maybe Jon can pipe in on it. Im sure it has been talked about somewhere in the 54 pages

Regarding the rotors, this is the first set I have done.

However, it might be noted the cost of powdercoating them would be in line with a new set. ;)

They usually come grease packed. :(

Some more Harley stuff

001.jpg

002.jpg

Some Lowering blocks for a fellow member

005-1.jpg

Thunderbird IRS lower control arms, Porsche Silver with Clear top coat

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Damn fine mate!!! My bike could do with some of magic.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those T-Bird LCA'a wouldn't be Michael's would they? :)

Sound's good, tho' I might have to pick up a nice FLH while I'm over there and leave it with you for a while when I leave. I think that will get me round those pesky import laws, hahaha:D

Back