• Register Today It's free!

build date

cbx1047

Reaction score
City, State
waikesha, wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 limited
I ordered a new EX last week here in wisconsin, and like everyone else that orders a new vehicle the sooner the better on delivery. They thought I would have it in 6 to 8 weeks. Has anyone ordered a new explorer in the last few weeks and have received a build date? and if so how far out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few of us who ordered between August and October still don't have build dates. Check the other threads and you'll see a TON of info on this. The Chicago factory has been shutdown since Xmas week. They resume production next week when most all pre-orders will get scheduled to be built (build dates). Dealerships are saying 6-8 weeks for anybody ordering them in the past month which I honestly feel is accurate, if not a little on the high side. Plant can pump out roughly 400 a day, maybe 500 on a good day. Last numbers posted by a Ford rep on their facebook page said there are ~3800 retail orders (pretty sure this means pre-orders) left to build. Once you get a build date, expect it to be delivered in 2, no more than 3 weeks.

Thanks for your feedback, I did get confirmation from the factory that they did get the order.
Guess I will just sit back, and not get to excited.

Thanks for your feedback, I did get confirmation from the factory that they did get the order.
Guess I will just sit back, and not get to excited.
My dealer placed their first 'dealer order' Nov. 17th. Went into production Dec. 2nd and anticipated delivery is Monday, Jan. 10th. My order went in Dec. 20th and no word yet other than to say it was received. Will update when I can.

I fully expect to get a build date next week based on comments left by facebook users. A handful of people said they have build dates and they ordered anywhere from August to December, huge range. Once the plant gets going again I expect everyone with a pre-order to get a build in no more than 2 weeks. I base this on that 3800 number, pre-orders left to build.

I orderered my Explorer Last week of September.

Dealership is giving me build date of Jan.17 and a dealership delivery date of Jan. 31.

MJN is another example where I ordered before him, yet no build date. I think I've counted a dozen between this forum, another forum and the facebook page.

I just got mine today as well Edge. They said Jan 31 is the build date, no delivery schedule yet though. I ordered on the 10th December but made a change to add the sun roof on the 13th.

Ha, more salt in the wound! One more week, after that if I don't have a build date, I'm changing dealerships. Sent my sales guy an email yesterday, still haven't heard back from him. He's horrible about getting back to people. And here I thought we made a connection, he's my age, just married, like me, baby on the way, like me, we talked for an hour when I ordered the Explorer in September, messed around with MyFord Touch in a 2011 Edge, 30 mins of that was AFTER the dealership was closed.

My dealer still does not knowmy vin or build date. I got it from Cory on the Facebook site. My dealer seems to get updates only once a week and only on Mondays.

That's funny, I just sent Cory a message about my order a couple hours ago. Will see what he says. Thanks for the note Mishtar, will hold off burning my dealership to the ground until Monday ;)

My dealer also get its updates from the factory the first part of the week. In light of the fact that the ford assembly plant has been down since before the holidays, and will start up again next week, they may be holding back on committing to build dates until they are up and running at normal production output. I think a lot of us that have orders in will be getting build dates in the next 2 weeks when this happens. And if the Torrence plant is really capable of producing 200 to 400 explorers a day we should all have new explorers by the end of Feb.

My dealer still does not knowmy vin or build date. I got it from Cory on the Facebook site. My dealer seems to get updates only once a week and only on Mondays.
Mishtar, I just spoke with my salesman and he said that he could get updates anytime he wanted. I guess they have a site that they can log into and it will tell at what stage the vehicle is along with anticipated delivery date. Ordered mine Dec. 10th but it is still in the parts bins. Not in production yet. His dealer ordered Limited was to be delivered on Dec. 10th but still has not arrived.

Damn the dealer one is really late then. My dealership has not been very helpful at all. The actual sales guy has not returned one email or phone call since I put my down payment down.

Damn the dealer one is really late then. My dealership has not been very helpful at all. The actual sales guy has not returned one email or phone call since I put my down payment down.

Ditto. This is exactly my same situation. Cory at Ford on the facebook page got me a VIN and build week of Jan 31st just like you Mishtar. Now that I have some dates more or less locked in, I'm fine with waiting. It was the not knowing and seeing all the December orders go ahead of me that was painful.

In 4.5 months, not one phone call or email or smoke signal from my sales guy and the TWO times I've called them it was a round of phone tag over 3 days each time. If I wasn't getting it under invoice before incentives, I'd tell them to shove it and go to one of the other 2 Ford dealerships in town. I'm pretty sure I'm a victim of allocation and priority since this dealership is the smallest of the 3 and I'm not paying MSRP.

I finally had my dealer check today to see if he had the same info as Cory and he only knew there was a vin now. Said he expected it to be in by the end of Feb. So he is saying 4 weeks for delivery? Um that cannot be right

Mishtar or Edge, could you tell me how to contact Cory at Ford. I tried finding him on the Facebook page, but had no luck. Really anxious to get a build date and vin# for the XLT that I ordered.

Just editing this post. I found the link for Cory at Ford 2 seconds after I posted this. Sorry.

Most people I've heard from are getting their Ex within 2 weeks of their build date. Keep in mind your build "date" is actually a build "week" meaning they will build your vehicle sometime that week and most likely not on the actual Monday. This is why everybody gets a Monday build "date".

There were exceptions to this while the factory was down the past 3 weeks for obvious reasons (holidays slowing everything down). I'm still perplexed by the 3 week downtime. No I'm not a Scrooge, I'm all for 1-2 weeks off, heck I'm even OK with 3 weeks but the economy still isn't "great" and I'm sure the unions had another 1200 people lined up to take those shifts for 3 weeks. It'd be a different story if there were 2 plants pumping out the Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to the Ford explorer face book page and then at the type search the forum for "Cory @ Ford"

Back