Suddenly Losing Oil

bobflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Powder Springs, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
OK - need to call on the braintrust. 97 EB 2WD 5.0L; occasional driver, now w 242K miles. All of the sudden, I am needing to add a quart of oil every 300-400 miles. Until now, maybe added 1 qt between oil changes (every 5k miles). I don't see any smoke when driving, and no oil on driveway or parking spaces after driving. Performance seems unaffected. I have had it on a lift and see no unusual oil leak evidence (am leaking a little coolant that drips off rear of engine at transmission). No oil in coolant.

Thoughts?

OK - need to call on the braintrust. 97 EB 2WD 5.0L; occasional driver, now w 242K miles. All of the sudden, I am needing to add a quart of oil every 300-400 miles. Until now, maybe added 1 qt between oil changes (every 5k miles). I don't see any smoke when driving, and no oil on driveway or parking spaces after driving. Performance seems unaffected. I have had it on a lift and see no unusual oil leak evidence (am leaking a little coolant that drips off rear of engine at transmission). No oil in coolant.

Thoughts?

There's no residue or anything around the oil pump?

Back