2011 Explorer Video/DVD In Motion Hack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer Video/DVD In Motion Hack

superwario

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 X
2011 Explorer Video/DVD In Motion Hack (UPDATED: HACK FOUND)

Hey guys,

I know this truck is still new, but has anyone figured out how to ground/splice the wires in order to play video, input navigation, or switch to the backup camera view while the vehicle is in motion?

I know in a bunch of other cars it can be as simple as grounding the parking brake sensor wire as well as the speed sensor wire (VSS) but in others you have to put the GPS antenna wire on a switch in order to trick the car into thinking the car isn't moving when you want to perform any of the aforementioned tasks.

I know there will be people saying "hey that's dangerous don't do that" but the video would be for my kid's and it would be awesome to switch to the camera in order to aid in driving. My passenger can also work the Navi for me too without having to pull off to the side of the highway, which is dangerous in and of itself.

Anyway, I get my 2011 X in about a week or so, and would love to know if anyone has figured it out yet. I realize there is a system called the "Lockpick" out there but there isn't a 2011 version yet and I've heard about bad customer service stories with them. Plus I can save $250 by doing what they do myself (which is basically a box that you plug in that automatically grounds all the wires for you, what's the fun in that right?)

If noone has figured it out yet, I will pull the system apart and perform some tests myself as I am a certified electrician by trade. I will also take detailed photos and post instructions on how it can be done once I get the hack up and running. But hopefully someone has already done all the legwork :D

Thanks guys

UPDATE

http://www.navtv.com/MyTouch/myfordtouch.html

Juat ordered, looks legit. Will post review ASAP.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you will only need one thread on this. Your other one was deleted.

Hey guys,

I know this truck is still new, but has anyone figured out how to ground/splice the wires in order to play video, input navigation, or switch to the backup camera view while the vehicle is in motion?

I know in a bunch of other cars it can be as simple as grounding the parking brake sensor wire as well as the speed sensor wire (VSS) but in others you have to put the GPS antenna wire on a switch in order to trick the car into thinking the car isn't moving when you want to perform any of the aforementioned tasks.

I know there will be people saying "hey that's dangerous don't do that" but the video would be for my kid's and it would be awesome to switch to the camera in order to aid in driving. My passenger can also work the Navi for me too without having to pull off to the side of the highway, which is dangerous in and of itself.

Anyway, I get my 2011 X in about a week or so, and would love to know if anyone has figured it out yet. I realize there is a system called the "Lockpick" out there but there isn't a 2011 version yet and I've heard about bad customer service stories with them. Plus I can save $250 by doing what they do myself (which is basically a box that you plug in that automatically grounds all the wires for you, what's the fun in that right?)

If noone has figured it out yet, I will pull the system apart and perform some tests myself as I am a certified electrician by trade. I will also take detailed photos and post instructions on how it can be done once I get the hack up and running. But hopefully someone has already done all the legwork :D

Thanks guys

Im interested too. So far I have seen nothing on any forums or WWW about a 2011 Ex lockpick.

Your right about CoastalTech Lockpick, they are all about the sale, and go silent after they have your $$$

While I think popping up the rear camera might be nice, the video in motion doesn't appeal to me. I am far more interested in finding more about applink, and enhancing what it does (wouldn't mind overclocking with a new kernel...another subject).

I wanted to setup a Mac-Mini as my media center in the car (mounting a magic pad on the arm wrest for easy navigation).. but since the A/V shuts off when the car is in motion it's not possible. It's unfortunate that some of these limits exist, they should allow the owner to sign a waiver releasing ford of liability and unlocking the full use of the device to use as they wish.

The navigation entry is ridiculous, it will let me dial a phone number using the dial pad in the phone area, but the navigation won't let me look up a POI by phone number while in motion because it's considered dangerous to use the dial pad? It's not even consistent across different areas of the device.

If anyone has access to or can find me some wiring diagrams or schematics to the myFord touch system, I will gladly award you +100 internet points.

This will be very helpful in my quest.

Forgive the formatting, but this may help.

Code:
Item     Wire Color     Polarity     Wire Location

12 Volts     green/red (15A)     +     ignition sw, blk 7 pin plug, pin 4 or start/stop sw, blk 6 pin plug, pin 4

Second 12 Volts     yellow/orange (30A)     +     trailer brake pre-wiring, gray 6 pin plug, pin 1
     The trailer brake pre-wiring is behind the hood release.

Starter     blue/white (without Intelligent Access)     +     ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 7

Second Starter     blue/white (with Intelligent Access)      +     start/stop switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 1

Ignition     white/orange     +     ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 1
     On vehicles with Intelligent Access, use purple/orange (+) (for ignition sense only) at the BCM, gray 10 pin plug (E), pin 10. The BCM (Body Control Module) is the dash fuse box, under the driver dash.

Second Ignition     N/A          

Third Ignition     N/A          

Accessory     purple/green     +     ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 6

Second Accessory     N/A          

Third Accessory     N/A          

Keysense     blue/gray (without Intelligent Access)     + ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 5

Data Bus     yel/org (TX), pur/red (RX)(w/o Intelligent Access)     data     PATS Transceiver, black 4 pin plug, pins 3 and 4
     The PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) Transceiver is around the ignition switch. The PATS ignition is purple/orange in pin 1, and ground is black/blue in pin 2.

Can Bus High     gray/orange (MS CAN); white/blue (HS CAN)     data     data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pins 3 and 6

Can Bus Low     purple/orange (MS CAN); white (HS CAN)     data     data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pins 11 and 14

Can Bus Sw     N/A          

Power Lock     blue/green     -     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 6
     The BCM (Body Control Module) is the dash fuse box, under the driver dash.

Power Unlock     yellow/purple     -     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 8

Lock Motor     gray/brown     5 wire     driver kick, door harness

Driver Unlock Motor     blue/green     5 wire     driver kick, door harness

Passenger Unlock Motor     purple/gray     5 wire     driver kick, harness to rear

Parking Lights (-)     (HS CAN)          

Parking Lights (+)     yellow/blue     +     BCM, gray 10 pin plug (E), pin 6

Hazards     brown/yellow     -     BCM, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 32

Turn Signal (Left)     blue/green (F); gray/blue (R)     +     BCM, brown 26 pin plug (F), pin 8; black 26 pin plug (C), pin 14

Turn Signal (Right)     yellow/purple (F); brown/white (R)     +     BCM, brown 26 pin plug (F), pin 7; black 26 pin plug (C), pin 15

Headlight     brown/blue (L); blue/green (R)     +     BCM, gray 10 pin plug (E), pins 2 and 1

AutoLights               
Reverse Light     blue/white     +     driver kick or BCM, black 32 pin plug (D), pin 13

Left Front Door Trigger     green/purple     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 9

Right Front Door Trigger     white     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 5

Left Rear Door Trigger     green     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 20

Right Rear Door Trigger     yellow     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 21

Dome Supervision     gray/purple (dome lamp); purple (puddle lamp)     +     BCM, gray 12 pin plug (A), pin 1; black 26 pin plug (C), pin 1

Trunk/Hatch Pin     gray/orange     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 19

Rear Glass Pin     N/A          

Hood Pin     blue/orange     - N.C.     BCM, brown 26 pin plug (F), pin 2

Trunk/Hatch Release     brown (rear handle switch)     -     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 23
     The BCM (Body Control Module) is the dash fuse box, under the driver dash. On vehicles with power liftgate, the open/close wire is gray/yellow (-) at the power liftgate release switch, black 8 pin plug, pin 7.

Trunk Release Motor     green/brown     5 wire     driver kick, harness to rear

Fuel Door Release     N/A          

Power Sliding Door (Left)     N/A          

Power Sliding Door (Right)     N/A          

Factory Alarm Arm     arms on lock with door open          

Factory Alarm Disarm     factory remote only (To disarm with out the factory remote pulse the Ignition and the Bypass at the same time)          

Disarm No Unlock     Transponder and ignition          

Trunk Alarm Shunt     N/A          

Tachometer     grn/blu, gry/yel, pur/gry, yel/org, brn, or grn/wh     ac     any fuel injector, 2 pin plug, pin 1

Wait to Start     N/A          

Neutral Safety     N/A          

Clutch Pedal     N/A          

Fuel Pump     purple/green     +     driver kick, harness to rear

Rear Defroster     white/orange     - latched     junction connector below BCM, white 59 pin plug, pin 14
Mirror Defroster     same as rear defroster          

Left Front Heated Seat     (MS CAN)          

Right Front Heated Seat     (MS CAN)          

Speed Sense     yellow/orange     ac     Powertrain Control Module, black 50 pin plug, pin 25
     The Powertrain Control Module is in the engine compartment, on the passenger firewall.

Brake Wire     blue/orange     +     trailer brake pre-wiring, gray 6 pin plug, pin 2

Parking Brake     white/purple     -     parking brake switch or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 7

Horn Trigger     purple/green     -     horn switch or BCM, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 33

Wipers     (LIN bus)          

Left Front Window (Up/Down)     blue/gray - yellow/purple (base models only)     A     master window switch, 4 pin plug, pins 4 and 2

Right Front Window (Up/Down)     white/orange - purple (base models only)     A     passenger window switch, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Left Rear Window (Up/Down)     green/purple - brown     A     left rear window switch, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Right Rear Window (Up/Down)     white/purple - gray     A     right rear window switch, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Sun Roof (Open/Close)     pur/wht - pur/brn (function with ignition on only)     -     sun roof switch, gray 12 pin plug, pins 6 and 8

Sun Roof (Limit/Close)     N/A          

Memory Seat 1     purple/red     -     driver kick, door harness

Memory Seat 2     yellow     -     driver kick, door harness

Memory Seat 3     gray/purple     -     driver kick, door harness

Radio 12V     gray/red     +     radio, 24 pin plug, pin 1

Radio Ground     black/blue     -     radio, 24 pin plug, pin 13

Radio Ignition     (Infotainment CAN)          

Radio Illumination     (Infotainment CAN)          

Factory Amp Turn-on     purple/red     +     radio, black 26 pin plug, pin 18

Power Antenna     blue     +     radio, 24 pin plug, pin 2

Left Front Speaker (+/-)     white - white/brown or green/orange - gray/orange     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 22 and 10
     The preamp output wires are green - gray at the radio, 24 pin plug, pins 20 and 8 (Premium Plus Audio), or 24 pin plug, pins 22 and 10 (Sony Sound). If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are white - white/brown at the amplifier, black 8 pin plug, pins 1 and 2 (Premium Plus Audio), or 16 pin plug, pins 2 and 10 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are green/orange - gray/orange at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 3 and 11 (Sony Sound).

Right Front Speaker (+/-)     white/purple - white/orange or purple/org - yel/og     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 23 and 11
     The preamp output wires are purple - yellow at the radio, black 26 pin plug, pins 4 and 17 (Premium Plus Audio), or 24 pin plug, pins 23 and 11 (Sony Sound). If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are white/purple - white/orange at the amplifier, black 8 pin plug, pins 3 and 4 (Premium Plus Audio), or 16 pin plug, pins 6 and 14 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are purple/orange - yellow/orange at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 7 and 15 (Sony Sound).

Left Rear Speaker (+/-)     white/green - brown/yellow     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 21 and 9
     If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are white/green - brown/yellow at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 4 and 12 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are green/brown - gray/brown at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 5 and 13 (Sony Sound).

Right Rear Speaker (+/-)     brown/white - brown/blue     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 24 and 12
     If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are brown/white - brown/blue at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 8 and 16 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are green/brown - gray/brown at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 5 and 13 (Sony Sound).

Center Channel (+/-)     green - gray/yellow (Sony Sound)     +,-     amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 1 and 9
     If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel.

Subwoofer (+/-)     green/pur - gry (1); purple - yel (2) (Sony Sound)     +,-     amplifier, gray 16 pin plug, pins 1 and 9; 2 and 10

Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)     blue - white/green (without SYNC)     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 17 and 6
     On vehicles with SYNC, they are blue - yellow/green at the APIM, black 54 pin plug, pins 10 and 11. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is in the center of the dash, connected to the display.

Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)     blue/green - white/green (without SYNC)     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 18 and 6
     On vehicles with SYNC, they are blue/green - white/green at the APIM, black 54 pin plug, pins 28 and 29. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is in the center of the dash, connected to the display.

RSE Video (+/-)     wht/grn - brn/pur (camera); blu/wh - grn/blu (aux)     +,-     APIM, black 54 pin plug, pins 14 and 15; 34 and 35
     The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is in the center of the dash, connected to the display.

RSE Audio Left (+/-)     blue - gray/orange (SYNC audio)     +,-     radio, black 26 pin plug, pins 12 and 25

RSE Audio Right (+/-)     purple/green - brown/white (SYNC audio)     +,-     radio, black 26 pin plug, pins 13 and 26

Forgive the formatting, but this may help.

Code:
Item     Wire Color     Polarity     Wire Location

12 Volts     green/red (15A)     +     ignition sw, blk 7 pin plug, pin 4 or start/stop sw, blk 6 pin plug, pin 4

Second 12 Volts     yellow/orange (30A)     +     trailer brake pre-wiring, gray 6 pin plug, pin 1

Starter     blue/white (without Intelligent Access)     +     ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 7

Second Starter     blue/white (with Intelligent Access)      +     start/stop switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 1

Ignition     white/orange     +     ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 1
     On vehicles with Intelligent Access, use purple/orange (+) (for ignition sense only) at the BCM, gray 10 pin plug (E), pin 10. The BCM (Body Control Module) is the dash fuse box, under the driver dash.

Second Ignition     N/A          

Third Ignition     N/A          

Accessory     purple/green     +     ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 6

Second Accessory     N/A          

Third Accessory     N/A          

Keysense     blue/gray (without Intelligent Access)     + ignition switch, black 7 pin plug, pin 5

Data Bus     yel/org (TX), pur/red (RX)(w/o Intelligent Access)     data     PATS Transceiver, black 4 pin plug, pins 3 and 4
     The PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) Transceiver is around the ignition switch. The PATS ignition is purple/orange in pin 1, and ground is black/blue in pin 2.

Can Bus High     gray/orange (MS CAN); white/blue (HS CAN)     data     data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pins 3 and 6

Can Bus Low     purple/orange (MS CAN); white (HS CAN)     data     data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pins 11 and 14

Can Bus Sw     N/A          

Power Lock     blue/green     -     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 6

Power Unlock     yellow/purple     -     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 8

Lock Motor     gray/brown     5 wire     driver kick, door harness

Driver Unlock Motor     blue/green     5 wire     driver kick, door harness

Passenger Unlock Motor     purple/gray     5 wire     driver kick, harness to rear

Parking Lights (-)     (HS CAN)          

Parking Lights (+)     yellow/blue     +     BCM, gray 10 pin plug (E), pin 6

Hazards     brown/yellow     -     BCM, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 32

Turn Signal (Left)     blue/green (F); gray/blue (R)     +     BCM, brown 26 pin plug (F), pin 8; black 26 pin plug (C), pin 14

Turn Signal (Right)     yellow/purple (F); brown/white (R)     +     BCM, brown 26 pin plug (F), pin 7; black 26 pin plug (C), pin 15

Headlight     brown/blue (L); blue/green (R)     +     BCM, gray 10 pin plug (E), pins 2 and 1

AutoLights               
Reverse Light     blue/white     +     driver kick or BCM, black 32 pin plug (D), pin 13

Left Front Door Trigger     green/purple     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 9

Right Front Door Trigger     white     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 5

Left Rear Door Trigger     green     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 20

Right Rear Door Trigger     yellow     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 21

Dome Supervision     gray/purple (dome lamp); purple (puddle lamp)     +     BCM, gray 12 pin plug (A), pin 1; black 26 pin plug (C), pin 1

Trunk/Hatch Pin     gray/orange     - N.C.     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 19

Rear Glass Pin     N/A          

Hood Pin     blue/orange     - N.C.     BCM, brown 26 pin plug (F), pin 2

Trunk/Hatch Release     brown (rear handle switch)     -     driver kick or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 23
     The BCM (Body Control Module) is the dash fuse box, under the driver dash. On vehicles with power liftgate, the open/close wire is gray/yellow (-) at the power liftgate release switch, black 8 pin plug, pin 7.

Trunk Release Motor     green/brown     5 wire     driver kick, harness to rear

Fuel Door Release     N/A          

Power Sliding Door (Left)     N/A          

Power Sliding Door (Right)     N/A          

Factory Alarm Arm     arms on lock with door open          

Factory Alarm Disarm     factory remote only (To disarm with out the factory remote pulse the Ignition and the Bypass at the same time)          

Disarm No Unlock     Transponder and ignition          

Trunk Alarm Shunt     N/A          

Tachometer     grn/blu, gry/yel, pur/gry, yel/org, brn, or grn/wh     ac     any fuel injector, 2 pin plug, pin 1

Wait to Start     N/A          

Neutral Safety     N/A          

Clutch Pedal     N/A          

Fuel Pump     purple/green     +     driver kick, harness to rear

Rear Defroster     white/orange     - latched     junction connector below BCM, white 59 pin plug, pin 14
Mirror Defroster     same as rear defroster          

Left Front Heated Seat     (MS CAN)          

Right Front Heated Seat     (MS CAN)          

Speed Sense     yellow/orange     ac     Powertrain Control Module, black 50 pin plug, pin 25
     The Powertrain Control Module is in the engine compartment, on the passenger firewall.

Brake Wire     blue/orange     +     trailer brake pre-wiring, gray 6 pin plug, pin 2

Parking Brake     white/purple     -     parking brake switch or BCM, black 26 pin plug (C), pin 7

Horn Trigger     purple/green     -     horn switch or BCM, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 33

Wipers     (LIN bus)          

Left Front Window (Up/Down)     blue/gray - yellow/purple (base models only)     A     master window switch, 4 pin plug, pins 4 and 2

Right Front Window (Up/Down)     white/orange - purple (base models only)     A     passenger window switch, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Left Rear Window (Up/Down)     green/purple - brown     A     left rear window switch, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Right Rear Window (Up/Down)     white/purple - gray     A     right rear window switch, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8

Sun Roof (Open/Close)     pur/wht - pur/brn (function with ignition on only)     -     sun roof switch, gray 12 pin plug, pins 6 and 8

Sun Roof (Limit/Close)     N/A          

Memory Seat 1     purple/red     -     driver kick, door harness

Memory Seat 2     yellow     -     driver kick, door harness

Memory Seat 3     gray/purple     -     driver kick, door harness

Radio 12V     gray/red     +     radio, 24 pin plug, pin 1

Radio Ground     black/blue     -     radio, 24 pin plug, pin 13

Radio Ignition     (Infotainment CAN)          

Radio Illumination     (Infotainment CAN)          

Factory Amp Turn-on     purple/red     +     radio, black 26 pin plug, pin 18

Power Antenna     blue     +     radio, 24 pin plug, pin 2

Left Front Speaker (+/-)     white - white/brown or green/orange - gray/orange     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 22 and 10
     The preamp output wires are green - gray at the radio, 24 pin plug, pins 20 and 8 (Premium Plus Audio), or 24 pin plug, pins 22 and 10 (Sony Sound). If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are white - white/brown at the amplifier, black 8 pin plug, pins 1 and 2 (Premium Plus Audio), or 16 pin plug, pins 2 and 10 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are green/orange - gray/orange at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 3 and 11 (Sony Sound).

Right Front Speaker (+/-)     white/purple - white/orange or purple/org - yel/og     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 23 and 11
     The preamp output wires are purple - yellow at the radio, black 26 pin plug, pins 4 and 17 (Premium Plus Audio), or 24 pin plug, pins 23 and 11 (Sony Sound). If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are white/purple - white/orange at the amplifier, black 8 pin plug, pins 3 and 4 (Premium Plus Audio), or 16 pin plug, pins 6 and 14 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are purple/orange - yellow/orange at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 7 and 15 (Sony Sound).

Left Rear Speaker (+/-)     white/green - brown/yellow     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 21 and 9
     If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are white/green - brown/yellow at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 4 and 12 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are green/brown - gray/brown at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 5 and 13 (Sony Sound).

Right Rear Speaker (+/-)     brown/white - brown/blue     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 24 and 12
     If equipped, the amplifier is in the right rear quarter panel. On vehicles with amplifier, the speaker wires are brown/white - brown/blue at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 8 and 16 (Sony Sound). The tweeter wires are green/brown - gray/brown at the amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 5 and 13 (Sony Sound).

Center Channel (+/-)     green - gray/yellow (Sony Sound)     +,-     amplifier, 16 pin plug, pins 1 and 9

Subwoofer (+/-)     green/pur - gry (1); purple - yel (2) (Sony Sound)     +,-     amplifier, gray 16 pin plug, pins 1 and 9; 2 and 10

Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)     blue - white/green (without SYNC)     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 17 and 6
     On vehicles with SYNC, they are blue - yellow/green at the APIM, black 54 pin plug, pins 10 and 11. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is in the center of the dash, connected to the display.

Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)     blue/green - white/green (without SYNC)     +,-     radio, 24 pin plug, pins 18 and 6
     On vehicles with SYNC, they are blue/green - white/green at the APIM, black 54 pin plug, pins 28 and 29. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is in the center of the dash, connected to the display.

RSE Video (+/-)     wht/grn - brn/pur (camera); blu/wh - grn/blu (aux)     +,-     APIM, black 54 pin plug, pins 14 and 15; 34 and 35
     The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is in the center of the dash, connected to the display.

RSE Audio Left (+/-)     blue - gray/orange (SYNC audio)     +,-     radio, black 26 pin plug, pins 12 and 25

RSE Audio Right (+/-)     purple/green - brown/white (SYNC audio)     +,-     radio, black 26 pin plug, pins 13 and 26

Where did this come from? Curious

Hey guys,

Thanks guys

You probably know better then I do but I was wondering about pushing video from the Invision Headrest DVD system to the SYNC screen.

If the SYNC system accepts video through an RCA cable from the back up camera and the Invision Headrest DVD video system pushes video from one side to the other.

What if you intercepted the video signal between headrest units and pushed it into the SYNC screen through the RCA cable the same as the back up camera? Maybe unplugged it and put a two into one "Y" RCA jack just before the SYNC unit?

Would you need a video amp to ensure signal quality was maintained?

Would it be plug and play without cutting wires?

My friend and I discovered a software flaw that can easily be manipulated. We need another software guy though to successfully hack it. He's hacking his Edge software at the moment and He figured out one thing. Hopefully we can jailbreak it and allow our software to give us the full functionality we deserve from an Explorer that costs as much as a freakin BMW.

Where did this come from? Curious

It's from the12volt.com.

You probably know better then I do but I was wondering about pushing video from the Invision Headrest DVD system to the SYNC screen.

If the SYNC system accepts video through an RCA cable from the back up camera and the Invision Headrest DVD video system pushes video from one side to the other.

What if you intercepted the video signal between headrest units and pushed it into the SYNC screen through the RCA cable the same as the back up camera? Maybe unplugged it and put a two into one "Y" RCA jack just before the SYNC unit?

Would you need a video amp to ensure signal quality was maintained?

Would it be plug and play without cutting wires?

Since I don't have mine, I can't say. Even when I get it, I won't have the DVD player. But, if it has RCA out, I would think a splitter would work fine to the AV inputs (only in park). Unless the output is really weak, you should be fine without an amp.

Is there one DVD and two screens that show the same thing? If so, you should be able to split it, I doubt it's hardwired, it should be standard RCA. As to the two into one, unless the system is jailbroken, you'd need to be in reverse if you use the same input as the camera (and the signals would fight I assume without a switching mechanism). Better to use the inputs made for this purpose.

My friend and I discovered a software flaw that can easily be manipulated. We need another software guy though to successfully hack it. He's hacking his Edge software at the moment and He figured out one thing. Hopefully we can jailbreak it and allow our software to give us the full functionality we deserve from an Explorer that costs as much as a freakin BMW.

I'll leave the BMW comment alone. Do tell on the other...PM is fine.

It's from the12volt.com.

Since I don't have mine, I can't say. Even when I get it, I won't have the DVD player. But, if it has RCA out, I would think a splitter would work fine to the AV inputs (only in park). Unless the output is really weak, you should be fine without an amp.

Is there one DVD and two screens that show the same thing? If so, you should be able to split it, I doubt it's hardwired, it should be standard RCA. As to the two into one, unless the system is jailbroken, you'd need to be in reverse if you use the same input as the camera (and the signals would fight I assume without a switching mechanism). Better to use the inputs made for this purpose.

I'll leave the BMW comment alone. Do tell on the other...PM is fine.

The Invision headrest DVD system has a master and a slave DVD unit but both are identical with each having its own DVD slot on the top so each can watch separate movies or just one DVD inserted in the master will display on both if you change the source button. So they must be wired together.

The Invision headrest DVD system has a master and a slave DVD unit but both are identical with each having its own DVD slot on the top so each can watch separate movies or just one DVD inserted in the master will display on both if you change the source button. So they must be wired together.

Have to be. If you can get access to the wiring on the slave input, you could put a splitter there.

Please divulge this software flaw. Together, we can work to exploit it. Maybe we can put together a zip package that we can push through as a sync update to enable these features.

Will do once we fully discover a safe way to implement the software. I really want to be able to modify the MFT to allow for full functionality and possibly GPS Navigation.

Will do once we fully discover a safe way to implement the software. I really want to be able to modify the MFT to allow for full functionality and possibly GPS Navigation.

I don't understand either of these comments... if you want help implementing an exploit for a bug/security flaw that was found, then you need to share information so us other developers can jump in. And as far as I was made aware, the Navi portion of the ROM isn't flashed if the navi package isn't purchased, but I may be wrong here.

My friend managed to get all the data from his SD card. He has Nav so he's going to pull up the Nav software.

My friend managed to get all the data from his SD card. He has Nav so he's going to pull up the Nav software.

It's not hard to duplicate the SD card. The problem is the actual nav software is omitted from the MFT ROM when it's flashed at the factory/dealer when the nav option isn't purchased. I may be wrong, and this may actual be a "flag" that says whether to allow use or not, but as I understood it the nav portion of the software wasn't even in the flash.

It's not hard to duplicate the SD card. The problem is the actual nav software is omitted from the MFT ROM when it's flashed at the factory/dealer when the nav option isn't purchased. I may be wrong, and this may actual be a "flag" that says whether to allow use or not, but as I understood it the nav portion of the software wasn't even in the flash.

If I were a betting man, I would say based on one of the TSBs you are correct. There are two distinct images for MFT that can be flashed. One with nav (needing the SD containing the maps) and one without.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I have a question for you guys who seem to know more about SD cards.....

If you could copy the Navteq Geo-Data on the OEM SD card and transfer that data to a higher speed SD card would you see a difference in the speed of SYNC Navigation loading and functionality?

Or is the speed determined by the hardware and Microsoft Mobile OS?

Back