• Register Today It's free!

BTF Spacer lift

Sleb

Reaction score
City, State
MB
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
I am just about to order BTF Spacer lift kit 2.75 f 1.25 r.The tires I have on right now are 265/75r16's and I think the X would look better with a small lift. Just wondering if anyone has had trouble with ball joints or CV,s. Also how do you like them, hows the truck handle after they have been installed? Any advice or anything I should know about them? Any comments at all would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 2.25/1.75 has been going well for the last few months. still tracing an annoying creaky rattle, probably the bushings making some noise.

That's good to hear, how was the install, it doesn't look to complicated any hints.

Install wasn't too hard. The How to sticky at the top of the forum was a huge help.

Having a floor jack helps a lot.

I recommend using it to raise the front control arms back to level after taking the nut off the upper balljoint. That makes it easy to hit the underside of the upper control arm with a hammer and the balljoint pops right out of the spindle. Best to connect the lower strut and then use a 2x4 to pry down the lower arm to pop the upper part of the strut back into the mount once the spacer has been installed. To reconnect the upper control arm to the spindle I connected a ratchet strap to the upper control arm and the lower control arm and ratcheted them back together so it would be easy to put the upper ball joint back into the spindle.

For the rear, use the floor jack to raise the lower control arm back to the hub assembly after the spacer and strut has been reinstalled.

Air tools are also helpful for speeding up the whole process.

so i have some good news for you guys that keep asking for the upper control arms with the uniballs. i will be taking my truck to Brandon at BTF to have them made for my truck. he will also be making a template so that you guys that want them will just be able to order them from him. as soon as he has room in the shop i will get my truck to him. i know these will be a popular and much needed part for a lot of you!

so i have some good news for you guys that keep asking for the upper control arms with the uniballs. i will be taking my truck to Brandon at BTF to have them made for my truck. he will also be making a template so that you guys that want them will just be able to order them from him. as soon as he has room in the shop i will get my truck to him. i know these will be a popular and much needed part for a lot of you!

Hey dirtball, could you get in contact with me after you get that done?

Back