Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 75 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what are the tires size, I am going to buy Boss 20"x8.5 and want the same tire size.

I really like those rims! What kind are they? I would love to get them on my ex this summmer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i posted this in another spot but thought maybe i should post it here too.

so i have some good news for you guys that keep asking for the upper control arms with the uniballs. i will be taking my truck to Brandon at BTF to have them made for my truck. he will also be making a template so that you guys that want them will just be able to order them from him. as soon as he has room in the shop i will get my truck to him. i know these will be a popular and much needed part for a lot of you!

Here is mine. Went to find some trails today. It was rainy all night and into the day so everything was slippery so I couldn't really get up any trails (well the steep ones anyways haha) So just a little mud on the Grabbers and the sides... Wished I had a locker because I probably woulda made it. That open diff in the front is a downer lmao
f03a678e.jpg

33a0b1d6.jpg

Good stuff, I agree with you on the open front diff. Looking forward to being locked one day!

Wow, I bet it was fun - you guys are getting the same/worse rain that we are/have been getting in GA - no way I'd be out on the trails now (but that's just because there's nobody around to be a tow vehicle).

Wow, I bet it was fun - you guys are getting the same/worse rain that we are/have been getting in GA - no way I'd be out on the trails now (but that's just because there's nobody around to be a tow vehicle).

where are you at in GA?

yeah we are getting some heavy rains now. I think my truck is clean now haha. Wasn't really tearing the trails up too much but the guy kicked us off the property. My friend has an AWD Mountie that didn't even come close to climbing the hill. He has been up it when its dry though. It was fun while it lasted. On a side note, my passenger front wheel didnt spin much (if at all). Could that mean there is a problem or is that just the suckness of the open diff?

Here is my friends Mountie and mine in the background
DSC02454-1.jpg

As long as one of your front wheel's was spinning mate, that's just the suckiness of the open diff.

On a side note, my passenger front wheel didnt spin much (if at all). Could that mean there is a problem or is that just the suckness of the open diff?

Partly the suckiness of an open diff. Were you in auto 4x4 or 4 hi? As I understand it the way auto 4x4 works is it puts 5% power to the front wheels all the time, and then steps it up in increments as needed based on rear tire slippage. 4 hi should be 50%/50% between front and rear axles.

Partly the suckiness of an open diff. Were you in auto 4x4 or 4 hi? As I understand it the way auto 4x4 works is it puts 5% power to the front wheels all the time, and then steps it up in increments as needed based on rear tire slippage. 4 hi should be 50%/50% between front and rear axles.

I had it in 4Lo and the gear selector in D. Contemplated putting it in 1st but I figure the 4wd system would alter the gears as needed

Not out here in ashburn. We went towards percerville.. i think thats where it was anyways. It was private property and the guy got mad at us for wheelin on it. But we told him there was no sign so we didn't know and we were up taking pics and stuff. So he didn't call the cops thank god. We are on the hunt for other places, probably have to go to West Virginia or PA though

Yeah you're prob right haha.

I'm going a write up on how to put an Aussie locker into the 2002-2005 Explorer rear axles (requires some modification) here soon so keep your eyes open for that. Only one other guy I know of on this forum is running it and he loves it so I am looking forward to putting it in.

good to see some mud on the tires guys !!

where are you at in GA?

Athens, but actually not until March 20th (going back to FL for the week), but then I should be around until May. I think Benning is pretty far away though - isn't it?

Had a little too much fun today in the mud. Had to get my buddy come pull me out. Never trust the mud!

20110310172830.jpg

20110310172644.jpg

20110310172612.jpg

haha indeed i do. I'm gona need some new tires by the end pf Spring. I was look at some tread rights. The 265/75R16 SENTINEL A/T (D). They look pretty good for that price. Oh and btw, did you have to click those links to see the pics?

ok i just tried to fix that. sorry about that. hope it works!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back